Part One

- 1940's Brooklyn -

Steve rolled his eyes as he was dragged to Coney Island by Bucky once again.

"C'mon punk I'll get you a girl"

He sighs and he sees kids running around, couples dancing and one particular lady cought his baby blue eyes.

She was in a long dark lace dress and had pale skin. Her lips were painted red and she was a bit taller than him, maybe cause of the heels. Her hair was brown and put up in a bun, a few curled strands talking down. Their eyes meet and she gave him a gentle smile.

He was frozen when he saw her, but Bucky dragged him to his date who was next to a bar with her friend.

He came there and Bucky smiles down at him. "Cindy, Megan, this is my friend Steve"

He patts his shoulders and puts a kiss on Cindy's cheek.

She lead him away as Megan looked up and down at Steve. "Hah, why did I believe Barnes?"

She waved him away and walked away, making him sigh. He always got that reaction.

The lady he saw before walked up to the bar and looked next to her, seeing a familiar person.

"Mr Stark" he turns around and his jaw drops.

"Mary" he pulled her in a hug making her chuckle at him.

"How are you? I've haven't seen you in like 20 years!" He says and she smiles. "You still look the same"

"Thank you Howard. You look great too. Good job with the car, even if you failed" he rolled his eyes.

"How is it with Maria?" She asks with a gentle smile.

"She's great. I'll never forget to owe you" he says and she chucked when he got called somewhere.

"Go, Howard, have fun" she smiles and takes a sip of non-alcoholic beer.

She sees Steve come to the bar, not even noticing her and taking a Cola. She gently smiles at him.

"Who made you go here?" He looks at her his eyes widened.

"Oh-Um-Uh-My friend Bucky" she gently smiles as he blushes red.

"Bucky Barnes?" She raises a brow and he nodds "Yes ma'am"

"I know him. He can be a jerk sometimes" he gently chuckled.

"Oh excuse my manners, I'm Mary Gray" she puts her hand out. She had on elegant black gloves.

"I-I'm Steve Rogers. Nice to meet you ma'am" she smiles as he shook her hand. He was surprised by his own bravery.

"Mary? Is that you?" She turned around and saw her older friend. "Peggy" she smiles.

Steve stayed in shock by the two beautiful girls in front of him. He tried not to get an asthma attack.

"I missed you so much. How is it in Washington?" She asks in her calm British accent just like the other one had.

"It's good. Oh yes, Peggy, this is Steve Rogers. He's a friend with Bucky Barnes, you probably know him" Mary smiles at Peggy then Steve.

"Hi Steve I'm Peggy Carter" he nodded with a shy smile.
"Nice to meet you ma'am"

Mary smiles at the two. "Now if you excuse me, I have to go. I soon have a drive back to Washington" she says.

"Again Mary? Well, sent me a letter. I hope you'll come one day again" Peggy says, knowing her secret.

"I'm always here, Peggy. Steve, it was nice to meet you" she smiles and puts a gentle kiss on his cheek before going away.

He was stunned and he called down soon while talking to Peggy.
That night was one of the nights he'll never forget.