Part Fourteen

Vampires don't sleep. Well, they can, but they don't need it to live like humans.

Mary sat in her room, laying on her bed and reading a book I'm 3 am, when she smelt a horrible smell she knew well. Sadness.

Steve couldn't sleep that night. The memories haunted him and he couldn't close his eyes without seeing Peggy's face. He was angry at himself for not visiting her and it ate him from the inside.

Steve got up and decided to drink some water, when he saw Mary's doors opened wide. He rose a brow, thinking something's wrong.

He peeked in and saw her reading "Hey Steve. You alright?" She asks with a sad smile, seeing his eyes red.

"Y-Yeah" he says and she gives him a look, getting up.

She pulls him in a hug, making him hug her back tight, his fingers intertwining in her hair.

He burried his head in her neck, making him hug her even tighter.

"I was an idiot Mary. I did things I didn't want to do thinking that's how I should behave in a relationship.." His breath shaked making his eyes water and she sighed.

"Steve we love you for who you are, not some swearing patriot she made you. I know you'll find somebody who will love you for who you are" her eyes watered, kind of wishing it was her.

"Come in, calm down" she says letting go and wiping away his tears, then closing the doors.

He sat down on the bed and she sat down next to him, putting her hand around his waist.

She put a kiss on his cheek "Calm down Steve, it'll be alright. It wasn't your fault. It was Sharon who made you be like that" she says gently and he looks up at her eyes with his big blue ones.

"It's not that. I mean it is but... I can't believe I was so mean to you. I didn't want to slap you. I don't want to hurt you" his breath hitches.

She pulls him close and makes him lay down next to her, holding his hand "It's alright" she looks at him.

Tears streamed down his face making her cup his cheek and wipe away a few tears.

He turned and was now on top of her, making her slightly smile and blush red before she put her hands on his neck.

She pulled him down and made him put his head on her heart, like he's her big teddy bear. He giggled gently and put his hand on her hip and one around her waist.

She put her arms around him and played with his golden hair as he called down, hearing her heartbeat.

"I'm here for you, Steve, and I always will be" she whispers and he tightened his grip around her.

"Peggy's not mad at you. She loves you like we do. You're our family and you will never get kicked out of here. It wasn't your fault"

"Mary?" He whispers gently.

"Yes?" She smiled as she saw his blue eyes slowly close "Thank you"

She smiled, caressing his cheek "You're welcome darling"

She smiled when she saw him fall asleep in her arms, making him squeeze her closer. She saw tears go down his cheeks again.

She wiped them away and put a kiss on his forehead, making his breathing calm down a bit and sadly smiled, a tear falling down her own cheek.

"I love you" she whispers when she heard a giggle.

She looks up seeing Tony leaning on the doors with a cup of coffee in his hand.

"Capsicle and Dracula are bonding" he smirks and she blushes.

"Shut up Tony and close the door" he smiles and grabs the door handle..

"He loves you too"

She looks at his smirk before he closed the doors making her look down at the blonde soldier, who slept with a small smile.

"I hope he does"

- Next morning -

Steve woke up to see a sleeping Mary holding him close.

He rubbed his eyes and pushed himself up, seeing Mary leaned her head back on the pillow and leaned on the side, her hands still around him.

He looked at her and gently smiled, blushing red. He leaned in closer and kissed her cheek softly.

She instantly blinked and his eyes widened before she gently smiled at him. Both blushed at eachother.

She sat up and he sat in front of her before he pulled her in a hug. She gently giggled.

"I see you slept well" she smiles and he smiled back.

"I did. Thank you" he says parting away and their noses are close to touching. She looks at his eyes before her doors get bust open.

"Let's go! Time for a morning run!" Nat yells and the two part away before she realized them there.

"Oh somebody had a sleepover?" She smirks and Clint and Thor peek in from beside her.

"Did you two have an intercourse?" Thor asks making their eyes widen and they blush red.

"Thor, in Caps language it's said 'fondue'" Clint chuckles.

"Isn't 'fondue' something food related?" Thor asks confused.

"Exactly" Clint smirks and Nat facepalms.

The two on the bed sit away from each other, scratching their necks in embarrassment.

"KATNISS! POINT BREAK! COME IN HERE!"

Thor waved to them and Clint rolled his eyes when they walked away.

"You know what? We'll run tommorow" Nat winks and goes away.

Mary stood up and blushed, looking down. Steve stood up and put his hand on her upper hand, making her look up. Both were still red.

He slightly smiled and put a kiss on her forehead, making her smile "Thank you" she smiled wider.

"Let's grab something to eat. I'm starving"