05

"I didn't know you were back." He was embarrassed and looking at his shoes to avoid eye contact. After nine years, he didn't have the courage to face me.

"Apparently you're the only one, because I already had the displeasure of meeting with your mother ." I shrugged, pulling a pack of cigarettes out of my back pocket.

"Certain things do not change." Glancing sideways, he did the same as me and lit a cigarette.

"But others ..." I took a deep breath and had to blink a few times to stop the tears. "You may be amazed how fast they can change."

"Lyn ..."

"No." I interrupted him. "For you are Jocelyn or Alexandra, you can choose, but no 'Lyn', 'Joss' or even 'Alex', after all you are a married man, it is not okay to call the ex by nicknames, people may think wrong about us..." Just then his eyes met mine and the look they carried was intense, but I couldn't tell what was there. I didn't know that person anymore.

"I'm so sorry." I couldn't tell if he really apologized for what he did, or for what he was apologized at all, those eyes weren't the same that I knew, they look are me, but they didn't recognize me anymore.

"You better feel sorry." My hands were shaking. "Are you working here?" I asked, pointing to the ground, hoping to be as specific as possible. I want know if he was work at Oswald's Lumber.

"Since I left jail." Lifting the cigarette to his lips, he exhaled the smoke and looked at me. "Donna wants me to make clean money and stay away from the club." He shrugged.

"Donna want it?" I laugh at the irony. "I must have been a terrible old lady." Our eyes were locked on each other. "Do you do everything she wants?" I asked rhetorically and laughed. "Did you leave the club because she wanted to? Because when I asked you to leave with me ...

"Things are different now, Ly ... Jocelyn." It was his turn to interrupt me. "There are other responsibilities."

"When you say 'responsibilities' do you mean 'children'?" I hated to admit it, but I was jealous of Donna, and furious with him. "And, by the way, congratulations, Harry." Unable to hold back the tears, I pulled away and went back to the bike.

Their conversation lasted no more than ten minutes, but to me it seemed like forever. My only thought was how much I wanted to be far away and how willing I was to go back to TM walking if it meant I would be far away from him. I still loved him.

The way back was silent. The 'conversation' we, me and Opie, had kept repeating endlessly in my mind and I could only think how wrong that was. This was not the time for this conversation to take place, much less for that meeting, because it seemed nine years was not enough to calm my feelings. I had definitely not gotten over the fact that the love of my life no longer loved me.

"When did you know?" Jax asked as we got off the bike.

"After you guys disappeared, I figured you might be busy with club problems and I let it go, I waited for a contact." Rolling my eyes and wiping away a few tears, I sought strength to keep talking. "But after four years with no news, or a direct answer from Gemma or Brie for what was going on, I decided the I needed to do something ..." I took a deep breath. "So I got my car and got back." Walking over to the picnic table, I sat on the bench. "I had already drunk a lot that night and exceeded all speed limits, and, shortly after crossing Charming's entrance sign, I was stopped by the police cruiser and, luckily for me, was Unser's shift... "Jax closed his eyes and took a deep breath, understanding what had happened. "And, when him brought me to the station, we had a long talk about how the things were here."

"Oh, Lyn, I'm sorry." Holding my hand, he brought me close. "After you left, it was crazy here ... It was four years of bloodshed." Jax's voice was broken.