04

REVIEWED 07/24/2020

Of all the times I wondered how that meeting would be like, none of them came close to what actually happened. Not in a million years I thought that I would live to hear Clay Morrow apologize or openly talk about his feelings and regrets. A mixture of relief and nervous flowed through my veins. I was relieved to know that my presence was truly welcome and there were no bad blood, especially from Clay, over my alleged betrayal - for which no one could ever prove my guilt.

When the Church doors were opened, everyone was waiting for us. Pairs of eyes were glued to us and it was impossible not to notice the tension that hung there, along with the smell of cheap perfume, leather, cigarettes and whiskey. Everyone waited for us, for Clay.

"Church in five minutes." Clay announced. "Good to have you back, Joss." He kissed my forehead and I could feel everyone's hearts start beating again. "Chibs and Happy, one minute, please." Summoning the two men who were responsible for my escort, Clay went back into the church and waited. Happy and Chibs had their eyes sunken on mine as they walked through the doors.

"So?" My father was the first to approach me as soon as I left the room.

"Apparently I'll live another day." I smiled.

"It's so good to have you back, baby girl." I could felt how happy he was, especially for his behavior in front the others, my father was never known as someone who displays affection in public.

"Now that it's all cleared up, I think we can finish planning your welcome party." Gemma announced giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Gemm, you don't have to." I feigned a little shame, but, actually, I was waiting anxiously for that party. No one gave better parties than the Rosewood Originals.

"Of course I do, baby." Bobby put his arm around my shoulders. "Your return needs to be celebrated in style. It's nine years of parties without you to compensate."

"Any excuse for a party is welcome." Juice shrugged and Jax slapped him on the back of the neck.

"Juan Carlos." I called him by his baptism name and saw him tense up. "You definitely haven't left my shit list yet."

"Joss ..."

"No, keep your apologies to anyone who might be interest!" My disdain wasn't true, but he didn't need to know that yet, I could have some fun at his expense for a while longer. "Need help, Ma?" I asked Gemma and saw her face light up like a Christmas tree when she heard me call her mother.

"Not yours, Baby girl." She smiled. "You'll rest while your sister and I prepare everything and I don't want to hear whimpers."

"Oh, Gemm, please at least give me something to do." I insisted. "I can help at the office while you're away." I suggested.

"No." Brie approached. "Listen to what Gemma says." She laughed. It was good to be able to hear that laugh again. "You know the woman who raised you, and know that she doesn't take no for an answer, so do as she told you to do. Rest, you will need a lot of energy for later."

"I need to do something." I declared. The fatigue of the trip had not yet hit, and the swirling of feelings that flowed through my vein was making me agitated. "If you wanted to bring me back just to kill me with boredom, folks, you're on the right track."

"Stop being dramatic, Joscelyn." Brie shrugged and moved closer to Jax, who put his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder. "You can survive a few hours of idleness."

"Besides, you need to be very alive to see what I have to show you." Jax stepped out from behind Brie and approached me with a wide smile dancing across his face. "The reason I needed you so badly here."