08

NEXT DAY

The room was dark, so it was not hard to open her eyes. Moving in the bed, Joss felt pain every fiber of her being, hospital beds were never made to be comfortable and warm, it was almost impossible not to let a soft moan escape.

"Hey, Sis." Brie said when she saw Joss open her eyes, she was relieved to see her sister awake.

"Hey!" Her voice was a little hoarse and she greeted her sister who was lying on the next bed. "How do you feel?" She was also relieved to see that Brie was fine.

"As if it was thrown off the road. And you?" Brie joked. Their sense of humor was very peculiar.

"The same way." Taking a deep breath, Joss tried to look for a more comfortable position. "Two daughters at the hospital, this time our father freaks out for real." She laughed.

"Well, he could have only one, but, as always, you wants to have all the attention turned to you. Drama queen." Mocking Joss, Brie pretended to be outraged. "I'm sorry about what happened between you and Hale, Opie told me how he attacked you."

"Don't feel, it wasn't your fault." Joss assured his sister.

"Of course it's my fault. He wouldn't have fought you if it weren't for our past." Brie felt so much regret and resentment for her relationship with Hale.

"Brie, he would have messed up with anyone at that moment, his life is miserable and revolves around making ours a living hell. If hadn't been me, it would have been Daddy, Gemma... Anyone... "It was ironic that Brie felt guilty about what had happened to Joss, it seemed the universe was trying to balance the blame. After all, both were in that situation because of their past.

"As if we didn't have enough trouble..." Staring at the venous access in her hand, Brie tried to make it up to her own guilt.

"Sis, you're as guilty of what happened to me as I am of what happened to you."

"What are you talking about?" Raising an eyebrow, Brie didn't understand what her sister was saying.

"How can I tell you?" Trying to find words, Joss was sweating. "Back then, when the club was at at war with the Mayans, those four years that we barely kept in touch, I went back to Charming one night and found out that Opie had married Donna and that they had children." Taking a deep breath, she needed to keep going.

"And what does that have to do with what happened to me?"

"I'll explain everything." Joss took a deep breath. "That night I almost died." Confessed. "I was drunk, hurt and alone, and I decided to stop by a bar for a drink, but I made a poor decision of place. I ended up at Hairy Dog...

" The Ariana Brotherhood ..." Knowing how it might have ended, Brie was afraid of what she would hear next.

"A drunken and lonely Sons of Anarchy daughter was a big deal ... And that's where the story starts to get you ... After they beat me and ... "Certain things didn't need to be said, the Brotherhood's reputation was cruel. "They were going to kill me and send my body parts as message to the club." Tears were streaming down Joss's face. These were painful memories that haunted her in her darkest days. "But Marcus Alvarez appeared and saved me..." Wiping the tears. "He found out that I was living in Oakland, and put a tail on me, and when his guys saw me in the Hairy Dog, they knew what would happened, and called for him, Marcus arrived just in time to prevent my death."

"He killed them?" Brie had a dark look in her eyes.

"Only one managed to escape." Joss was sobbing.

"It's fine, Joss." Brie got up, contrary to all medical recommendations and sat on her sister's bed, wanted to hug her sister.

"I still wake up in the middle of the night thinking he'll show up and kill." She confessed.