13

The vacotions are approaching! I heard an amen ???

The last university papers will be sent to the teachers soon, even today I have already sent one and I am very happy because I am free from this devil son, disguised as assignement, and my job is also going smooth (for those who do not know, I am a translator and proofreading freelancer) so I managed to get this beautiful Tuesday morning to relax and write in the midst of a social isolation that apparently only me, my family and some friends are doing (for those friends who are not, it was good while it lasted, but the friendship it's over. Thank you, but, no, thank you.).

I live in a country (Brazil) where the president is shitting for those who die of COVID-19 and with a fucking shit mayor who, with 8 thousand deaths from COVID-19, think he can relax the isolation measures and reopen the malls (Note : The contamination rate grew after the reopen of the non-essential services " Someday,when you've gone extinct...") (Note 2: I live in Rio de Janeiro and I did not vote for the Pastor for mayor, just as I did not vote for a 13 year old child for president, I didn't give my mother this displeasure!)

Anyway I hope you like the new chapter as much as I loved writing. Forgive my mistakes. Comment and vote. XOXO

"I know I screwed everything up." Tig was sitting on the sofa at Brie's house.

"And how you messed it up." The eldest daughter was not willing to ease her father's conscience.

"But it's been a week and she still doesn't want to talk to me." The father was super annoyed by the cold shoulder, but understands the reason why he was receiving the treatment, however, he wanted to reconcile his mistake.

"You expected what, Alexander?" Brie was also upset with her father. "Dawn came here to lie to you, as always, and everything Joss did was protecting you and what did she get in return? Sometimes, I think Joscelyn is a test of God for us."

"And why do you say that?"

"We already made a lot of mistakes with her." Brie pondered everything that her sister had already been through. "And all she did was love and forgive us, and even so, we keep making mistakes with her." Looking to her hands, Brie felt the guilt. -!And I think there will come a time when she won't forgive us anymore."

"Wow, now I feel worse than before." Getting up from the sofa, Tig had a lost look. "It was always easy to balance the club and raise you two. Gemma was always there to help and I knew that everything I did was to give you the best."

"We know that and that's why hurts more." Brie took a deep breath, sitting in the kitchen chair, inviting her father to join her. "She supported you in everything. While I was upset that you weren't here on my birthday, she understood your reasons, and is why it was more painful when you antagonized Clay and left with Dawn that night. Dad, you didn't do the same for her nine years ago. None of us did. So I think that if we continue to make mistakes like this, very soon she will no longer be around."

The silence formed between father and daughter was broken by Abel's cry. Brie was taking days off to look after the new member of the family, they was always accompanied with a member. Samcro's royalty needed to be protected.

While Brie took care of Abel, Tig had time to think and understand his firstborn's words. Brie was right about the way everyone treated Joss over the years and mostly right about the way he treated his daughter. He admitted that he enjoyed the time that she was in exile and that he chose not to go deeper into discovering the real culprit for the betrayal. It was less concern to him, less fear of the cellphone ring during the night, less advantage for the enemies. She was safe and sound and that was what mattered the most. Joss was far away and it was at that kept her safe, she could not be associated with the club and, knowing his daughter well, she will never get involved in any confusion that attracted wrong attention. He missed his daughter every day, and also knew that one day he would be charged for these choices, as well as the consequences of letting Colleen take Dawn and Fawn so easily, choices that forever would haunt his life. The moment was coming and he only wished to be able to repair his mistakes in the end.