Prologue

Ah. Auradon: the kingdom of sun and peace. At least, there was peace, until Prince Ben's first proclamation: he'd bring four villain kids, better known as the VK's, from the Isle of the Lost to Auradon to get a better life and show whole Auradon that the past is in the past. Well, that was the plan.

Jay, son of Jafar, would be a prince if Jafar didn't fail when he tried to kill Aladdin. Well, he certainly is a prince: the Prince of Thieves. Strength and pickpocketing: Jay's strengths. Pickpocketing? Not in Auradon, against the rules, they say. Strength? That is very useful in tourney; the local sport at Auradon Prep. A new champion is born. Jay learned that violence isn't always necessary and that it's good to have a team by your side.

Evie, daughter of the Evil Queen, was raised with the thought that being beautiful is the most important thing in life. Without beauty, forget it! Evie certainly is beautiful. Even more, she is the fairest in the land (you have to say, Snow White's getting older), although her mother won't hear of it. But, thanks to Doug, son of Dopey, Evie realized that she is so much more than just pretty. She is fantastically smart and has a talent for chemistry. Oh, and fashion designing, don't forget that.

Carlos, son of the infamously famous Cruella De Vil, was honestly very happy to get off of that island. His mother treats him like a slave who happens to be related. The only drawback of Auradon for Carlos was dogs. Keyword: was. His mother always told him that dogs are vicious, rabid pack animals who eat boys who don't behave. Nonsense. Carlos met his knight in soft armor: Dude, the campus mutt, changed Carlos's mind. A whole new world opened for Carlos, the youngest of them four.

Last but not least: Mal, daughter of Maleficent. Like any other child, Mal didn't want to disappoint her mother. But unfortunately, she did. It wasn't her fault; Maleficent never was happy, Mal was never good enough. Maleficent even let her think that she has to be like her. Mal wants that too, right? No. Mal wants to live her own life, do her art, make her own happily ever after (if that was even possible for "villains"), and maybe even learn how love felt. Ben, son of Belle and Beast, would gladly help her with that.

The VK's finally began to settle in their new life until the most disappointing day of the year: Family Day. The four spoke to their parents earlier, and well, that didn't go very well. Family Day arrived, Ben let Mal meet his parents as his girlfriend, et cetera. Everything was going good, until Audrey, daughter of Sleeping Beauty, and her grandmother Queen Leah showed up. Queen Leah was afraid of the four kids, thanks to their parents.

Mal tried to fix things, but, of course, Chad Charming, Cinderella's arrogant son, scolded her, Jay, and Evie. Evie had to spray Chad in his face with a potion that let him sleep. Later, at the picnic tables, Doug tried to talk to Evie, but Chad ruined it, again. When Audrey and even Jane, daughter of Fairy Godmother herself, brought Ben into this, they crossed Mal's line. Mal made Jane's hair short again. Lonnie, daughter of Mulan, was lucky: she still had her long curls.

The VK's were sure: they would get that wand and free their parents. But at Ben's coronation, the four chose good and they even battled Maleficent. From villains to heroes in not even a month? Well done, guys! Everyone danced the whole night in celebration. And Maleficent? She turned into a lizard, that's how big the love in her heart was. Mal put her in a terrarium and Auradon was safe. At least, for three months. It all started with Evie, who was planning a very big party...