2. Missing!

Doug shook his head. "No. Why? What happened?"

Carlos leaned against Ben's locker and inhaled deeply. "I was talking to her about the upcoming party, she's gonna help Evie with planning. Then, Jay came to remind me that there's no tourney practice tomorrow. He left, but when I turned around, Jane was gone!"

Doug frowned. "Gone? Without saying something? That doesn't sound like Jane at all!"

"I know, " Carlos agreed. "I searched everywhere! I knocked on every dorm, no Jane! I looked in every class, asked everyone I saw, except for Fairy Godmother, of course, but nothing!" Carlos sighed desperately.

Doug put a supporting hand on his shoulder. "Hey, hey, hey! We're gonna find her, I promise!" Carlos nodded thankfully. Doug turned around when he heard familiar voices. Audrey and Lonnie approached him.

"I'm gonna ask Lonnie and Audrey if they..." Doug's voice faded away when he saw no one standing behind him. "Carlos? Carlos?" he screamed. The girls frowned.

"Hey, Doug! What's up?" Lonnie asked confused. Audrey was as confused as she was.

Doug explained everything that Carlos told him, together with Carlos' disappearing. "Have you guys seen Jane? Or maybe did you see where Carlos went?" he asked.

The girls shook their heads. "No. But we have bad news too..." Audrey started dramatically.

"We walked through the hallway and we heard a few people talking about some students who...disappeared!" Lonnie finished nervously.

Doug felt even more stressed and nervous than he was already. What if Evie disappears too? "Okay: who disappeared already?"

Lonnie began to count on her fingers. "Uh, Jane, Carlos, ... We spoke to Jay and he said that a few tourney members are missing..."

"And Chad?" Doug asked. He took a handkerchief out of his pocket and wiped his forehead, which was covered in sweat.

Lonnie nodded. "Chad is okay... Right, Audrey?" Lonnie's voice fell when she turned around. No Audrey. "Uh, Doug..."

Doug looked up. He sighed. "Not again! What are we gonna do?" he asked desperately. He jumped up when Fairy Godmother's voice sounded through the speakers.

"Hello, my dear students. Please come immediately to the auditorium! It is very important! Thank you!"

Doug frowned. "Why?" he turned around. He sighed when he saw no one behind him.

"Doug, come on!"

His head snapped up. Oof, it was Lonnie! She ran a few meters ahead. Doug followed her to the auditorium.

****************************************************************************

Fairy Godmother stood on the stage. Beast, Ben, Mal, and even Evie stood on the right side of the stage. Ben embraced Mal to comfort her. Doug sighed in relief when he saw Evie. But then, he frowned. Where was Queen Belle?

Lonnie and Doug saw Chad and Jay on the front row. Lonnie sat down next to Jay, Doug next to Chad. None of them spoke a word. The other students were gossiping and mumbling.

Fairy Godmother picked a microphone. In her other hand, she held her wand. "Test! Test! Bibbidi Bobbidi! Can everyone hear me? Okay. As some of you may know, a few students are..." she sighed. "Missing..."

The ones who didn't know gasped and mumbling filled the auditorium. "And not only the students are missing. Our dear Queen Belle is nowhere to be found, " she continued calmly, trying not to cause panic.