8. Light 'em Up

The four kids stood in a circle facing the black bloodthirsty wolves. They looked at each other and nodded: this was the moment. They were ready to battle the creatures of the night.

Chad: "Be careful making wishes in the dark, dark. Can't be sure when they hit their mark, mark. And besides, in the mean- meantime, I'm just dreaming of tearing you apart."

Chad dodged a claw of a wolf and almost clung onto Doug. Doug rolled his eyes.

Doug: "I'm in the de- details with the devil. So now the world can never get me on my level. I just gotta get you out of the cage. I'm a young lover's rage. Gonna need a spark to ignite."

A wolf wanted to attack Doug when he looked to his left. Chad pushed him and attacked the wolf. It disappeared in black smoke. That's it!

Chad and Doug: "My songs know what you did in the dark!"

Doug nodded thankfully at Chad, who smiled proudly. In the meantime, Jay and Evie were busy fighting other wolves.

All: "So light 'em up, up, up. Light 'em up, up, up. Light 'em up, up, up. I'm on fire! So light 'em up, up, up. Light 'em up, up, up. Light 'em up, up, up. I'm on fire!"

Evie made a backflip to dodge two wolves. The two bumped into each other and became smoke.

All: "In the dark, dark! In the dark, dark!"

The four split up again. Chad and Doug fought the claws and teeth of four bloodthirsty wolves. Evie spun around and attacked a wolf.

Evie: "All the writers keep writing what they write. Somewhere another pretty vein just dies. I've got the scars from tomorrow and I wish you could see that you're the antidote to everything except for me."

Evie succeeded and stabbed the wolf. It became black smoke. Another wolf started a fight with her.

Jay: "A constellation of tears on your lashes. Burn everything you love, then burn the ashes. In the end, everything collides. My childhood spat back out the monster that you see."

Jay stabbed a wolf in his back and joined Evie's fight.

Evie and Jay: "My songs know what you did in the dark!"

Jay put his arms around her waist to lift her. Evie kicked the wolf. There were only 3 wolves left. Jay put Evie down and the two went to help their friends.

All: "So light 'em up, up, up. Light 'em up, up, up. Light 'em up, up, up. I'm on fire! So light 'em up, up, up. Light 'em up, up, up. Light 'em up, up, up. I'm on fire!"

Chad and Jay fought two wolves. Evie and Doug were stuck with the one left.

All: "In the dark, dark! In the dark, dark!"

Doug tried to control the wolf, with no success. He fell over a rock behind him. Out of nowhere, Evie jumped and made a spin in her jump. When she landed, she kicked the wolf. Doug stared at her. She helped him up and the two wolves circled them.

All: "My songs know what to did in the dark! My songs know what you did in the dark!"

The four had a plan: they would surround the wolves. They split up and ran. When they stopped, they circled the wolves.

All: "So light 'em up, up, up. Light 'em up, up, up. Light 'em up, up, up. I'm on fire! So light 'em up, up, up. Light 'em up, up, up. Light 'em up, up, up. I'm on fire!"

Evie and Chad defeated one wolf with a synchronous screwdriver jump. Jay did a few flips so the wolf was dizzy and confused. Doug stabbed him in his back.

All: "In the dark, dark! In the dark, dark!"

The teens panted. Evie sat down on a rock. "We did it. That was..."

"Incredible!" Jay finished enthusiastically.

Evie stared at him. "That was not exactly what I meant, but, yeah... It was incredible." She gave Jay a high five.

Doug shook his head. "Oh, no, no, no! It certainly wasn't! It was insane! Did you saw what I saw?" he asked petrified.

Chad frowned thoughtfully. "Uh... Some cool stunts... Shining swords... Evie's hair is still perfectly in place..." Evie touched her hair a few times. She nodded in approval.

"No! Well, yes, that too... But that's not what I'm talking about!" His friends looked frowning at each other. They looked back at Doug and shrugged unknowingly. "Did you guys see those teeth? And those claws which were as long as my sword?" he continued frantically.

"Okay, that's just a little...

"Excessive!" Jay finished Chad's statement. He nodded. Doug threw his hands in the air. He leaned against a tree.

Evie ignored the boys. "All I want to know is: where did those wolves come from?"