Bonus Chapter

This sequence is from the time when Phoebe and Niccolo were newly secretly married and no one knew about it yet.

Phoebe point of View

If I thought Nicco was a very well thought-out person, then I am finding myself evaluating my scrutiny again. Because right now, I don't see him using his brain much.

Last evening, I had asked permission from Mrs. Clara for attending Sienna's impending wedding with Leonardo and thankfully, she agreed to give me a leave for a couple of days. Though she doesn't know that I'm going to the same wedding that her grandson is attending as well, she asked Nicco to drop me at the destiny in his car very conveniently.

The ride was silent but not awkward at least. It was going good until we reached Leonardo's house and met Sienna.

Everything was... good expect for Nicco keeping a vigilant eye on me every now and then.

"You are gorgeous Ms. Smith." I heard the blonde guy with these flirty eyes complimenting me with a smirk.

What should I say now?

Thank you? Or that I'm not that gorgeous? Or should I first correct that I'm not Ms, but a Mrs.

I looked around to see Valentina, Leonardo's sister, give me a playful raise of an eyebrow, gesturing me towards the open garden where Nicco was watching me like a angry hawk.

Oh no!

"Anxiety suits you, you know. Your beautiful eyes pop out a little and I think you turn pink when you are nervous." He continued pulling a fresh flower from the nearby vase and handed it to me.

Gosh!

Not wanting to be rude, I took the flower and placed it back into the vase. I don't want this young guy to be in heaven or hell yet just because he gave me a flower.

"Thank you." I stuttered and stepped back a little when I observed the weather turning hot around the place. If it was not for the daggers Nicco's eyes were throwing, then I would have blamed it on global warming.

"So, you know what people call me?" He asked me leaning back to a table, cornering me towards the delicate vase but still giving me enough of my personal space.

I looked at him with confusion evident in my features. He presented me with a playful smile and scrunched my forehead in question. "People dear to my heart call me Liam. I'm Leo's second cousin."

He introduced with a smile and that when I observed him clearly. He was tall, more on a lean side and has boyish looks. He looks like is same age as me but can be younger too.

He is good looking and a smooth talker is what I observed from the moment he cornered me and started asking my details. But then, no smart and smooth talking can entice me as I've already lost my heart to someone else.

"Nice to meet you. I – have to go now." I said taking a side step to walk away but he blocking me and smiled amusingly at me.

"Oh come on, at least let's exchange our numbers. Can't loose the opportunity to get the phone number of a gorgeous nymph; now can I?" Liam said in a flirty tone pulling out his phone and suddenly clicked my picture.

What the?

I looked at Nicco who was few meters away from me and found him grinding his teeth, His hands rolled into fists and God his eyes, his eyes are dangerously dark landing on me with several unspoken promises. From the place he was standing, he can still hear us a little.

"Why did you do that?" I exclaimed looking at him with fear and pity. If he cannot identify the change in atmosphere here, then he is not well aware of Nicco killing him thousand ways with his eyes.