Developments

Nina

Ignoring the smirk of Saranya, I started to pack my bag again, after disconnecting Ravi's call.  

"Have you seen my headphones? Was there any headphones inside my bag? " Noticing that my new headphones were nowhere to be found, I asked Saranya, who was still busy dangling her legs in front of me. "It wasn’t even in my apartment."

"No," she suddenly stood up, being much concerned, " should I check for it?  There were no headphones in your belongings which I received."

Then I must have left them in Kabir's place. Damn! They were new. 

It was a little surprising — to find her so much bothered because of such a small thing.

"No need," I exhaled deeply, " I must have left them in Kabir's place. They were of JBL's, not even a month old. "

Saranya was still frowning at me, while running her index finger over her upper lip. 

A pair of lost headphones was bugging her that much! Great! 

"Myra and my numbers have been loaded in your phone's contact . In case of any problem, just give her or me a call." Running her hand through her hair, Saranya leaned against the doorframe.   

"Ok," I was busy wrapping a scarf around my neck to hide that goddamn collar then. 

She still kept standing in my room, instead of leaving. 

She is surely not going to leave until I leave, I understood

She followed me up to the door of her mansion. A white Hyundai four wheeler was waiting for me. I heaved a sigh of relief detecting it. I could easily pass it as a Taxi or an Uber to my colleagues.      

"I'm saying it again. Don't ever try to escape. You'll be fucked." Saranya herself opened the car's door for me, " and I hope you wouldn’t be too foolish to supply some inside news about the personal life of the women living here, to your page three newspaper. "

I was enraged by her last comment. Maybe I was an entertainment journalist, but invading someone's personal space was not in my nature. 

"I won't. Can I leave now?" tightening the upper lip I frowned at Saranya. 

"Rizwan," bending over, Saranya called the driver sitting inside the car. "Remember to take care of her properly ." 

The man gave her an obedient nod. 

"Now you can leave, sunshine." Grinning, Saranya moved aside, to let me get inside. 

~ ~ ~ ~

 I can run. At least I can try. Should I? Should I not? If I really get caught eventually. That crazy woman will kill me for sure. 

But I should try. At least for once. What if… 

"Don't." I was busy in my thoughts when the driver spoke out, looking at me through the rear view mirror. We were halfway through my office.  

"Excuse me?" I was obviously caught off guard. I didn’t know that even that driver could read minds.

"If you are planning to escape," the driver's eyes were again back on the road, "don't try to do so. You'll get caught either immediately or within a day or two. And then madam won't be very gentle."

Fuck your madam.

"I am Rizwan, by the way. " Observing I was rolling my eyes, with arms crossed across my chest, Rizwan grinned at me, " as you know, from now on, I will be dropping and picking you to and from your office."