6

"Itachi?" Sasuke said letting his guard down. The man sighed and put the slipper back onto his foot. "What are you doing here?" Sasuke asked as the man made his way towards us. "I heard about your situation and figured you'd come here, guess I fell asleep." Itachi looked at me. "Why are you protecting her?" He looked back at Sasuke. He didn't say anything and Itachi nodded. "Okay I get it." He chuckled. "Does my little brother have a crushy wushy?" He said in a baby-ish voice and tried to tickle underneath Sasuke's chin but he slapped his hand away. So this man is Sasuke's older brother. Makes sense, they look alike. I blushed and looked down to the ground. Does he really like me? No. Of course not. We're just friends. 

Itachi sighed again and made his way to the stove were Sasuke was going to make eggs. Sasuke motioned for me to sit at the table and I did as told. I watched as the brothers silently interacted. Sasuke getting plates and Itachi cooking. I've never seen them together so it was interesting to watch. I smiled whenever Itachi would playfully shove Sasuke for the heck of it. Sasuke in return would threaten to hit him with a wooden spoon but Itachi would threaten back with the skillet. That made me laugh and they would both look at me for that. "You guys have the cutest interactions."  That would make Itachi smile widely and Sasuke would just smile a very tiny bit. 

*Time Skip*

I woke up to the sun shining on my face and a blanket covering me. I had fallen asleep on the couch last night watching a movie with the brothers and I guess one of them put a blanket on me. I got up but almost stepped on someone, Sasuke. He was asleep on the floor next to the couch. I giggled quietly and stepped around him to get to the kitchen. I grabbed some food and started cooking. I don't know what the boys like to eat in the morning but they are going to eat whatever I make them. 

"Whatcha making?" I turned around to see Sasuke rubbing his eyes. I smiled. "I am making breakfast." He walked towards me and I turned my attention back . He looked over my shoulder. I could basically feel his body heat radiating. I tried my hardest to control the blush rushing to my face. However, a small amount still showed through. Hopefully he doesn't see it. "Smells good." I looked at him and he smiled looking at me. Our faces only inches apart. 

"Psst, Hey." 

Itachi whispered as he waddled into the kitchen ducking behind the counter. We moved away from each other and boy did I want Itachi to just disappear in that one moment. "What is it?" Sasuke's voice was filled with annoyance. "There's this car that just pulled up outside and I really think you guys should leave." I looked at Sasuke. His annoyed look turning into seriousness. "Y/n lets go." He grabbed my hand and we found out shoes ready to leave out the back door until he stopped. Sasuke looked back at Itachi but didn't say anything. "Go. I'll be fine." Itachi said and then we were off. Minutes later, when we were further from the house there was a gun shot. I flinched and stopped walking looking back at the direction of the house. 

Sasuke came up to me and grabbed my hand. "Come on." I looked at him and he had a sad face. Seemed like he thought the same thing I did. Itachi could have been killed just then and we couldn't do anything about it. Tears welled up in my eyes and we set off again putting as much distance as we could between us and the house.