Asylum

"An institution offering shelter and support to people who are mentally ill."

Prompt: Jai disappeared one day and no one knows where but, when they track him down, the clues led them straight to an asylum. Why?

*********enjoy(:*****

(Luke's P. O. V. )

It's been a year now. A year since my younger brother had disappeared without a trace. It's been really hard as well because, when you lose someone without a reason, someone you really care about, the pain is unimaginable. Every night I question whether or not I ever did anything to hurt him. Every night I cry to myself because, what if he's not okay? What if he's hurt, alone, or scared? How can I help him if I don't have a thought of where he'd be? It hurts me because, as an older brother, it's my job to make sure he's here and safe with me. I failed. Beau feels the same way. Jai is our baby brother so, for him to just 'disappear' all of a sudden, it left us both shocked and desperate to find him again. I've never really seen Beau actually cry out of sadness and fear. Until now. As a matter of fact, that's all Beau and I do nowadays and call us cry baby's but, I don't care. We miss him. I miss him. We need him. I need him.

----------------

Today, we got a call from our local police saying that they have searched every building in the city to see if Jai had ever checked into one. They found out that an Asylum had Jai's name written as a current attender.

This couldn't be right though. Jai didn't have any problems like that! They must have the wrong Jai because, my little brother might be lost right now but, he hasn't been gone long enough for him to lose himself. Right?

I guess it's worth a try though. Beau and I are heading down to the asylum right now and to be honest, I'm nervous. Even though I'm almost positive that this isn't my Jai, I couldn't help but think that maybe, just maybe, Jai might actually be there?

Anyway, I threw on my favorite beanie and my jumper before I followed Beau out of the house. We got into his car and began to drive to the mental institute.

"Do you think it's actually Jai?"

I had to ask. Beau looked at me for a second before retuning his eyes to the road. He sighed and said,

"Um.... I'm not sure. I want it to be but, at the same time, if he's there then it means he's not okay. I want him to be okay."

I nodded and looked out the window. We were passing by some metal barbed wire fences that led up to the entrance of the Mental Institution. The closer we got, the more nervous I became.

Beau parked the car and we both walked into the building with our hearts beating a million times and minute.

We walked to the front desk and Beau began talking to the lady working at the desk while I looked around. I saw a boy fidgeting and twitching as he looked around panicky but, what does he see? I also saw a man sitting in a corner balled up with a blank face as he stared at the ground with a face of sadness and I want to know what he's thinking? I heard screaming and turned to see a girl clawing her face and pulling at her hair. She had scratches along her arms and scars on her face. She screamed things I couldn't understand but, I wonder what she hears?

"Luke!" Beau snapped me out of my thoughts as he called my name.

"Sorry, what?"

"She said that there is a Jaidon Brooks here......she can take us to him. Do you want to go?" Beau asked. I looked around again before I nodded and began to follow the lady.

We walked down long white hallways that had some marks here and there on them. Blood marks. I saw jail cell doors for the people who couldn't be contained or treated like the others and I looked inside one of them and saw a lady talking to herself as she scratched the floor with her nails. Another cell door had A man in handcuffs yelling and biting the chains. We continued walking towards the end of the hall, until we reached a 'normal' door. It was made out of metal but, it was normal compared to the others.