Brave Little Soldiers

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

Prompt: Beau, Luke, and Jai are in the army. They fight for what for what they love and Gina just misses her little boys.

********enjoy(:*******

"Oi boys! C'mon I've fixed the camera so we can skype mum at home." Luke told both Jai and Beau as he continued to set up his video camera. He was so excited to finally have the time to be able to speak to his mother!

"Alright we're coming! Give me a minute to fix my hair though." Beau said as he styled his hair in the mirror. Luke sighed and shook his head but, then made sure the camera was working to its best capability.

"Where's Jai?" Beau asked and then looked around. Luke looked away from his camera and looked around as well before shrugging.

"I don't know. Maybe he's-" Luke was about to suggest something but, Jai had ran into the room and said,

"I'm here! Sorry, I had to get something."

"It's okay but, hurry up and get over here! It's ringing!" Luke said and sat further back so that the three of them could fit onto the screen. Beau, Luke, and Jai then sat together and waited for their mum to answer their call.

As soon as she did, they all screamed,
"Mum!!"

"Oh my babies! How are you! I miss you all so much!" Gina said with teary eyes because, it was the first time after so long that she could actually see their faces. Before, it was just voice calls and listening to their voices but, now she was able to actually see them!

"So far we've been safe mum don't worry. We miss you too by the way." Beau said with a smile that Gina had been missing.

"Well that's great! And you Luke? How has my brave boy been?" Gina asked Luke.

"I'm alright. Some days are scarier than others but, I've managed. The food here isn't as good as yours either!" Luke joked with a laugh and Gina cherished the moments that Luke laughed and joked around. Those moments were special to her.

"Well then I'll cook for you all when you boys come back yeah?" Gina laughed and Luke nodded.

"Jai? How are you Luv? I miss my baby boy." Gina asked her youngest son. His eyes got watery and he took a shaky breath. Amongst all the brothers, Jai had missed his mother dearly. Not that the others didn't, it was just that Jai didn't know how he had made it this far without her.

"I miss you mum." He said with a broken and sad voice while letting a tear fall. Gina's heart broke as she saw her son break down in front of her. She reached out towards the camera and traced her sons face on the screen. She longed to be able to feel her sons again and to be able to wipe away their tears and hug away all their fears. If only she could reach them.

"I miss you too baby." She said and began to cry as well. Luke hugged Jai and let him cry into his chest. Jai didn't want to stay away from his mother any longer and nor did Luke or Beau. They wouldn't be able to take it much longer as you could probably tell.

"Just think about this though boys, Christmas is around the corner and I'll call you then! How does that sound?" She said trying to lighten the mood and the boys simply nodded.

"Alright then my princes, have a good rest and stay safe alright? I'll see you boys very soon and remember that I love you all very very much." She said to them and they said,

"We love you too mum!"

Then they waved goodbye before ending their call. They shed a few more tears before falling asleep together and as they did, they all hoped and prayed that Christmas would come quickly because, what Gina didn't know, was that the boys had bought flight tickets to go and see their mum for Christmas!

-------------

Soon enough, Christmas had arrived and all the soldiers were released to go home for the holidays. Believe me when I say that the boys were more than excited.

They had packed their belongings and boarded a flight that would take them home. The entire trip, the boys dreamed of seeing their mum and their excitement overwhelmed them all.

Once they had arrived, Beau, Luke, and Jai had ran off the plane and into a taxi that would take them home. The entire car ride they were beaming with joy.

When they made it home, Jai pulled out roses he had stored as Beau knocked on the door. Luke took one of the roses, as did Beau, and then all three boys leant down onto one knee. As if the three were purposing. After a few minutes, Gina had come and opened the door only to find her three sons outside her door, all leant down with roses held out to her.

"Merry Christmas mum." They said to her and she began to cry tears of joy because, her boys were home. Now she could actually hold them just like she had longed to do!

Her boys were home for Christmas and as a matter of fact, that was the only gift she had asked for this year.

"Merry Christmas my Brave Little Soldiers."

*******************
I enjoyed writing this sweet one (:
Did u all like it?

Ily all!♥︎