Epilogue Pt. III

A woman jolts up from her seat with beads of sweat coming down on her forehead. Her breathing was ragged as she tries to catch for some air. She takes a good look at her surroundings, wondering how in the world did she manage to end up there somehow.

"This is Dr. Jisoo Kim's voice mail if you have something to say please leave the message after the beep."

"JISOO! I swear to God stop ignoring my calls okay?! I need you to call Rosie for me. Tell her she needs to come home because I have something important to say to her. I have to tell her that- WHOA!"

And the last remaining seconds was Lisa's car horn- making the longest sound ever before the voicemail line goes dead.

"SHIT!"

Lisa finally catches up on what happened.

She remembered that she was absent-mindedly looking through the road while her mind was focused into looking for ways to look for Rosie when all of a sudden she comes across an overtaking SUV that nearly collided with her car and smashed her into pieces if she didn't turn her car on the opposite direction quickly.

She also remembered breathing hard and leaning against the steering wheel before laying down to get composure of herself and most especially to take a few minutes of rest, which resulted in her overstaying in her car.

The first thing she does was to pick up her phone only for her to realize that there were only a few percentages of her battery life left, and there were a lot of voicemails coming from Jennie, Jisoo and even Ella.

"LISA! LISA WHAT HAPPENED?! CALL ME IMMEDIATELY!"

"THIS ISN'T A FUCKING JOKE MANOBAN! JISOO AND I ARE WORRIED FOR YOU SO PLEASE ANSWER YOU GODDAMN PHONE! DON'T MAKE ME CALL THE POLICE AND HAVE A CITY-WIDE SEARCH FOR YOU BECAUSE I CAN DEFINITELY DO THAT! YOU DO NOT MESS WITH JENNIE KIM YOU HEAR ME!"

"Ma? Where are you? I could hear Aunt Jennie and Jisoo panicking and trying to get a hold of you. I may hate you but please- don't do anything reckless okay?. Call me once you hear this."

Lisa's heart was relieved once she heard the voicemail from her daughter. It made her believe that maybe she can still turn this thing around and make things right and she will, starting by going trying to get a hold of Ella's mommy and getting her back again so that together they can attend their daughter's high school graduation.

She was about to ask Jisoo if she has told Rosie that she would want to meet the latter back home when her phone suddenly ran out of life, making Lisa groan in annoyance. Looking over the clock, she realized that it was already nearly six in the morning and she hasn't got much time left before Ella's graduation rights.

Without any time to waste further, she presses the start button of her car which roared to life as soon as the engine ignites. She puts the seat belt on, and makes a u-turn when all of a sudden-

"No, no, no!" Lisa groaned when the car stopped running. She takes a look at all the measurements when a familiar E sign was blinking red. "SERIOUSLY?!"

She steps out of her car and tries to hitch-hike with all the speeding cars passing by. Who was she kidding exactly? This was in the middle of the woods and she knows that no one would be heading downtown anytime soon since it was a weekend. And to even try stopping a car just so she could have a ride would either mean she's one crazy woman or she was just trying to get herself involve in an accident, one that she had successfully avoided hours ago.