Final Week

Lisa remained in her position for a few seconds, trying to stop her legs from shaking and get them to fucking move but in some wicked way they decide to not listen to her mental commands rather they decide to have a voice on their own, and their choice was to stay there and listen to the most heartbreaking silence in Lisa's life.

It seems like her body wants to stay there, to beg further and to just plead for Rosie to hear her out again. Her hands were desperate to reach out to her wife- desperate to feel the latter's warmth even if it meant for the last time...

And even if she was an asshole, she doesn't consider herself to be a pushover. She was always patient with Rosie, always waiting for her wife to come around and talks once the anger in her heart has died down. Love is patient after all... But she wonders if she was too patient that she had missed the chance of getting things back on track.

They say when you love someone you have to let them go. Lisa wanted to accept that opinion and agree with it however at the back of her mind there's a lingering thought that she couldn't seem to shake-

Why love someone in the first place when you're just going to let go of them anyways?

Lisa shakes the thought of her head, knowing that it won't matter any longer... all of this doesn't mean anything now. Regardless if she was too patient or too irrational, too assuming or too insensitive- none will ever bring the dying relationship back to life and she had to accept that she had become one of the major factors why her marriage had to come this way.

Once her movement was in sync in her mind, she slowly turns around and heads for the door when-

"Bold of you to assume someone else is going to be willing to spend the rest of their lives with you."

The latter turns her head around almost too quickly that Rosie thought if she would've snapped towards her direction with a little more speed Lisa would experience a stiff neck or in worst case scenario- Lisa wouldn't have a head to move anymore.

Her reaction caused Rosie to smile as she crosses her arms and posing in a very arrogant manner. "What? Think anyone can handle your ass? You think anyone can just submit to you their application letter and maybe you can do a few selections and some final interview then you can move forward to your wedding ceremony?"

"Who decided to stay even after you showed your weird antics on the first date? Who said that you were cute even after all those dorky kinds of stuff and the embarrassing moments you do in public during your dates?"