~ apr 1 ~

it's been a week since i was put into the hospital. i woke up this morning to see that daniel left his hoodie here. now i have no idea if he did that intentionally or accidentally. it was on the couch he was sleeping on from when i woke up from my coma. i just went back to sleep because i didn't wanna wake him. i didn't want him to know i was awake yet. i reached for his hoodie and hugged it. it made me feel somewhat comfortable. i was still shocked i was pregnant, but i wasn't surprised since i went through unprotected sexual assault. it's april fools day today as well. within the week, i self harmed... again. i added more scars to my now even more imperfect body.
*2 hours later*
i was deciding whether or not to have an abortion. i'm more on the side of yes but also on no because what if the kid really is daniel's? speaking of, he's been texting me non stop and i just opened the texts. i have my read receipts off since i don't want him to know i'm reading his 20 texts ever half hour. most of the texts are "get well soon" texts and some are assignments. wow. school work doesn't even leave you alone if you're half dead in the hospital. i heard a knock on the door. "come in!" i say. it was just a nurse.
"hey y/n, how are you feeling on this scale of 1-10, where does your pain level fall?" she nurse says. i point to the orange one for 7.
"higher dosage of pain killers needed." she writes down a little note on her clipboard.
"okay we're gonna give you another shot so don't be worried." the nurse says. i was deathly afraid of needles. ever since i was a little kid. how can someone stick a long pointy needle into your arm and say that "it helps"?
"okay 1, 2, 3. good job." the nurse smiles. she removes the needle from my arm and walks back out to the hallway with her supplies. i put on daniels hoodie real quick and shortly after, the nurse comes back in.

•daniels pov•
i hadn't visited y/n all week. i wanted to respect her decision of needing space. i still texted her to get better but i think she's been ignoring me. i feel like i'm the last thing on her mind. my mind can't stop thinking about her. i take a deep sigh. i parked my car and looked up at the window y/n's room was in. i looked down and locked my car. i put my keys in my pocket and pick up the roses and a heart shaped box of chocolates, even though i hates chocolate with all my life.
i walk in and tell the reception where i was going. i then got onto the elevator and pushed y/n's floor number. in the back of my mind i was still wondering if the kid is mine or not... the elevator dings and i get off. i walk through the hallways, looking for y/n's room.
"she says pain is at a 7. we're gonna raise her pain killer dosage and add some anti depressants and anti anxiety medicine." i overhead the nurse say.
"excuse me, where can i find y/n y/l/n's room?" i ask the nurse.
"you must be daniel, nice to meet you." she shakes his hand.
"yes, which room is she in?" i repeat myself.
"oh yes, 4081." the nurse informs me. i nod, smile, and thank her. i head towards y/n's room when a few people were blocking the way.
"the dna results came today for your baby." one of the people said. he was a male.
"who's kid is it?" y/n asks.
"the kid belongs to Garrett Manzoni." the secret gets revealed.
•y/n's pov•
i started to feel anxious. i tried calming myself down and didn't wanna let anything bad happen to me. i start to panic and tell everyone to open the windows.
"y/n you can calm down." the doctors reassure me.
"i want an abortion as soon as possible! please!" i sob through my words.
the two men walked out in a rush. daniel walks in.
"hey um.. sorry for ignoring you... i wanted to help you out and give you some space." daniel blushes and looks down. i look away from him.
"i brought you roses and chocolates." daniel says. i ignore him and put in my airpods.
"y/n..." he walks closer and sets the flowers and chocolate on the table. i turn up my music and start lip syncing the words. daniels face lit up in shock. his leans in quickly and plants a long kiss on my lips. i shove him away.
"WHAT THE FUCK?!" i say angered.
"i-im sorry.. i-i didn't mean to." daniel felt hurt.
"daniel, leave. i don't want you in-" i press my fingers against my temples as i rub them and close my eyes
"is that my hoodie?" he cuts me off.
"daniel i said leave." i repeat myself.
"no no no, don't dodge the question, that's my hoodie!" daniel screams. i couldn't tell if he was happy or sarcastic.
"and? i was cold." i folded my arms in front of me and daniel smiles.
"i love it when you're grumpy." he scrunches his nose and lets out a small laugh.
"daniel please get out. i'm not gonna ask you again." i say.
"what's the real reason why? i'm turning 20 tomorrow and you treat me like i'm some hobo on the street?" daniel gets offended and upset.
"WERE MOVING TOO FAST!!! i'm not ready for any sort of relationship. i don't want attention from you i don't want any interaction from you for at least, AT LEAST, a year." i state my point.
"WHAT?? A YEAR?? but-" daniel stops.
"i said what i said. happy early 20th birthday and see you next year." i turn and lay away from where he was standing.
"y/n... i'll miss you... i love you and good riddance until next year." daniel felt even more broken. his voice was breaking and i could feel his eyes getting glassy without even looking at him. the last thing i hear from him was his footsteps fading away into the distance after the door shut.
i start to scream sob. i never wanted it to come to this but i need a long break. away from relationship stuff and i need time. if daniel wants a relationship he should take it slow rather than speeding things up in a week.