~ july 17 part 2 ~

daniel froze in his tracks. he rubbed his eyes not being able to believe what he was seeing.
"y/n..?" his voice broke. he looked so drunk. i wasn't very happy to see him that way. i looked at his arms to make sure he wasn't harming. i did see a few marks and a couple fresh ones, which broke my heart. i smiled slightly.
"meet our daughter. daisy seavey." i said. daniel broke down crying.
"hey daddy, that baby has the same last name as us!" dylan said.
"daddy why are you crying?" dylan asked him. he hugged daniels leg.
"there there daddy. you'll be okay, but please don't cry!" dylan said.
"she's beautiful." jonah smiled.
"thanks jonah. dylan you wanna come here?" i smiled at him, he hid behind daniels leg.
"i'm just glad that you're safe. i'm glad that you're alive and well and is she healthy?" daniel cried.
"ten fingers, ten toes, two eyes, one nose, one mouth, two years, two arms, two legs, she looks a little weak and small, but she's got all the limbs and organs." tate says.
"we have to go the the hospital then." daniel says.
"no daniel. i don't need to be rushed." i said. daniel nods.
"can i hold her at least?" he sniffles and wipes his tears as he walks closer.
"of course you can." i smiled and he gently picked up daisy from my arms.
"awh.. she looks so adorable!" he said. he looked to dylan.
"come here! come meet your baby sister!" daniel crouches down so dylan could see her.
"can i touch her?" he asks.
"yes but be gentle sweetie." i told dylan. he touches her cheek lightly and smiled.
"she's a pretty baby." dylan giggles. we all smiled and let out a soft laugh.
"dylan, this is your mommy too, you know?" daniel said.
"mommy?" he looked at me. i smiled and nodded. he giggled some more and smiled.
"i can't believe that this is my daughter." daniel smiled happily at daisy.
"me either..." i sighed.
"jonah could you, tate, and dylan give y/n and i some privacy?" daniel asked. they nodded and left the room. daniel walked closer to me and sat on the end of the bed while holding daisy.
"so... how are you... mentally?" daniel asked. i sighed.
"not as bad as i was about a year ago." i spoke in monotone.
"do you still cut?" he gulped. his face burned up with red.
"not as much... but yes. it's getting better though." i said.
"how about overdosing? or thought of suicide? attempts even?" daniel asked.
"no overdosing. i think about suicide once a week now. it used to be every hour. i only attempted it twice in the past year. it used to be once every 2 months but now it's once every 6 months. i still don't feel like i have a purpose to live." i shrugged and took a deep breath.
"drinking?" he asked.
"sometimes. last time i drank was when i found out i was pregnant. i would want a drink now though." i laughed. he smiled slightly.
"how have you been?" i asked him.
"i've been okay." he simply states.
"you sure?" i asked. he looked me straight in my eyes and nodded.
"daniel, i know when you're going through something. you can tell me what it is. i am willing to listen this time instead of running away." i reassure him. he walks to the crib and sets daisy in it. he tucked her in before returning back to his original spot. he held out his arms.
"i hate myself for this." he stated. i took his arms and felt the cuts.
"daniel don't do that. it's hard to stop. i know how hard it is. i still do it." i said.
"i've gotten drunk and went to parties.. i've also tried overdosing, but the most heartbreaking thing happened... dylan caught me doing it." he looked away and pulled his arms close to him. he was about to tear up, i could tell.
"daniel..." i stopped.
"i know i'm such a fucking mess." he frustratedly said.
"no no, i'm more of a mess than you are. did you know that y/ex/n found me earlier this month? i was out getting groceries and while i was getting the bags into my car, he put me in a headlock and pointed a gun to my head." i started crying.
"i'm just glad you're safe." daniel hugs me closer and tighter than he ever had before.
"i thought right then and there that i was gonna die before giving birth to my second child or telling you that i loved you and you were my only pride and joy i wanted in my life with dylan and daisy." i sniffled. daniel released from the hug.
"you really... mean that?" he stared at me.
"i do." my voice broke. daniel smiles at me and i could feel his heart melting with mine as he said the 3 words back to me.
"i love you." he spoke in his warm, soft tone of voice as he engulfed me in a hug.
"i love you so much." i said into his shoulder.
"i love you more." he said.
daniel cupped my face as he kissed my forehead then he pulled away to look at me. his ocean blue eyes staring at me while his perfect lips perked up in a smile. his cheeks a rosy red color from blushing so much. he closed his eyes and planted a slow and tender kiss on my lips. we kissed for a few seconds until he pulled away and i kept my eyes closed and lips in the same position they were where he left them. i slowly opened my eyes to see him smiling brightly. he let out a small laugh and looked down. i smiled a real smile for the first time since i was with him.. and that felt like forever ago.