~ october 12 present day part 1 ~

today dylan turned 10 months old. it was also the day i thought i stopped self harming. i was wrong. i was so addicted to the point that i couldn't stop. even if i tried my hardest. each time i'd look at a blade or a knife, i feel the urge to cut myself with it. daniel sets down a plate on the table in front of me and sits next to me.
"y/n you need to eat." daniel says softly.
"i'm not hungry." i say as i pushed the plate to the middle of the table.
"no, you're gonna eat. i know you haven't been eating right or sleeping right. please eat. then go take a nap." daniel caresses my cheek.
"i... can't." i sigh.
"do you wanna go to the doctors office? please? if you won't eat we need to know if you're clinically diagnosable for anything." daniel picks up his jacket and his keys.
"what about dylan?" i asked.
"well take him with." daniel says.
"dada!" dylan says.
"okay dylan, we get it. you love dada more than mama." i rolled my eyes and got up from the dining table.
"y/n why are you in such a bad mood?" daniel asks as he set his stuff down on the table.
"i just, i don't wanna talk to anyone right now! i just wanna be alone for a few hours please!" i slammed the door shut and locked it.
"okay, i'm sorry." he says as he takes dylan out of the high chair and walked upstairs.
i sighed. i walked into the bathroom and closed the door. i opened up the box of pregnancy tests i had under the bathroom sink. after i took it i waited a few minutes for the results to show. after they were done processing, i held it up in front of my face while looking straight and sighed. the small two lines indicated that the test was positive. i heard knocks on the door.
"baby? you've been there for a while is everything okay?" daniel asks. i thought up a quick lie.
"i'm fine, just taking a number 2." i shouted back.
"oh okay. i put dylan to sleep so maybe we could talk? just the two of us?" daniel wondered.
"uh sure. lemme get outta the bathroom first." i say.
"okay, i'll be in the living room." daniel says. i hide the test in the waistband of my leggings and walk out into the living room.
"do you mind telling me why you're starving yourself?" daniel asks softly.
"i'm fat. i'm ugly. i don't fit in." i say.
"stop it. you're not any of those things. i won't let you think of yourself that way!" he says defensively.
"i won't let you defend me. because it's true." i sighed. as i laid down on my side and stretched, i felt my stomach growl. i'm not hungry.
"you need to eat babe. i care about you too much but i don't wanna lose you." daniel says as he grabs the test from my side.
"what's this?" he asked as he observed it.
"daniel, it's not mine. i was gonna bring it to anna, my manager. she took one here, since she didn't want her boyfriend to know yet and she was scared and didn't know what to do so she turned to me." i stirred up a lie real quick.
"are you sure? because you're breathing a little fast." daniel says. he squinted at me. i got up and tried to walk away.
"y/n, sit." he orders me. i turned around and rolled my eyes at him.
"i'm not a dog." i say.
"tell me the truth. is it your test or not?" he sternly asks.
"i'm not comfortable with adding any further information about-" daniel stands up and nears me and puts his finger up to my lips. then starts whispering.
"shh. i want you to go in the bathroom with me, take the box of tests out, and take one. got it? if you won't tell me, the test will. it never lies." daniel pushes me into the bathroom.
"daniel, im not so sure if this-" he cut me off again.
"is gonna work or not? it better." he looked angered as he took a test and unwrapped it.
"tell me when you're done." he handed it to me and faced the other way. i took the test and flushed the toilet. daniel turned around.
"two lines and you're pregnant, one line and you're not." daniel reassured me. i set the test on the counter as daniel and i watched the two lines show up.
"why would you like to me?" he stared at me.
"daniel, i-" i tried to speak.
"i thought you would know how to tell the truth by the second kid. i was wrong." daniel paces around the room as i followed him out of the bathroom. he closes the door before yelling at me.
"I ASKED YOU IF IT WAS YOUR TEST, YOU SAID IT WASN'T!!!" he shouted at the top of his lungs.
"i didn't think it would be a big deal." i said.
"YOU DON'T THINK HAVING A KID IS A BIG DEAL? YOU REALLY THOUGHT YOU COULD JUST THROW AWAY A LIFE LIKE THAT?? well i'll be damned. i'm dating someone forcefully because they had MY kid. that kid is MINE, and i'm not letting you take it's life away like that." daniel slammed his hands on the bed while letting out a loud grunt. at this point i was crying. i didn't know such a sweet soul could scream such hurtful words to another person. he looked at me, not realizing what he caused until he stopped to catch his breath.
"y/n, i'm-" he comes closer to me for a hug but i walked out of the room bawling my eyes out.
"Y/N! I'M SORRY!" he yelled after me. i grabbed the keys to my car and left the house with my jacket and purse.
"y/-" he was about to say my name but i slammed the door behind me. i sat in the drivers seat in my car and shut the door.
"fuck you daniel. why are you so hurtful?!" i sobbed at the wheel.
"fuck this. i'm going to jonah's." i started my car and started pulling out of the driveway when daniel walked out to stop me. i looked at him and then was on my way to jonah's house.