~ july 17 part 1 ~

i was 9 months pregnant and dylan was a year and a half old. therapy was going surprisingly well. but daniel and i haven't seen each other and we haven't talked since we found out i was pregnant with baby number 2. there was a knock at jonahs door so i just stayed in my bedroom with tate patiently waiting for jonah to check who it was. suddenly, i heard daniels voice erupt from the living room.
"she's not coming back. i've come to accept that." i heard a bottle clank on the ground. was he drinking?
"was that you tate?" i whispered.
"no it wasn't." she replied. i continued to listen.
"hey easy there bud, don't break my floor with the bottle." jonah said.
"daddy? who's not coming back?" a young child's voice spoke. could it be dylan?
"your mommy. it's been three months since she saw you." daniel strains. he was probably picking dylan up.
"hey, daniel, you're intoxicated so give the kid to me." jonah says.
"no i want daddy!" dylan cries.
"you're coming to uncle jonah!" jonah says in a playful voice.
"no i'm not. do you have another coronita?" daniel asked. my god. at least he's not-
"yes but you're not drinking anymore." jonah says sternly.
"found some! thanks for the cold kind bro." i heard daniel pop the beer cap off.
"cheers." daniel said. my stomach started to hurt. this was the 5th time today. i realize later that i was having this child right now. i walked to the cold bath i had prepared earlier just in case i was to go in labor. tate was here with me all week waiting for the moment to happen.
"tate! it hurts!" i whispered. i got into the bath and started to breathe.
"okay i'm getting towels, you just continue to breathe." she advised. she left the room, revealing herself to jonah, daniel and dylan.
"mommy?" dylan asked.
"no i'm your auntie! im just gonna need some towels, i wanna take a quick shower or maybe fix a bath." she replied.
"okay, that's fine." jonah quickly said
"daisy!" she said.
"OH!! ok i'll be here if you need me!" jonah said. i heard tate wall back into the room.
"i got the towels so you should be fine. i also got her wrap and cap when she's born.
"less talk, more delivery!" i panted. tate ran the water in the sink, turned on the tv and turned the volume up, then turned on the vent fan to drown out my strains and the baby girl's screams.
"you're close! i'm ready to catch whenever she comes!" tate said. soon after, daisy was there in tate's arms. she cleaned her up and wrapped her in her wrap. she handed her to me and nothing could explain the joy i felt when i had her in my arms. she was the sweetest thing ever. i stopped smiling. i had realized that daniel missed the birth of our second baby too.
"tate?" i asked.
"i'm here." she walked back into the bathroom.
"can you get daniel in here after i get to the bed?" i teared up. she nodded.
"i'll help you get out." she took daisy and put her in the crib. then she helped me move over to the bed after drying off.
"thank you." i said as she handed back daisy to me.
"i'll be right back." she said. she left the room.
"jonah. it's time. daniel, dylan, you guys can come too." tate told everyone the big news. i was feeding daisy when i heard a knock on the door and tate asked if they could come in.
"just a minute." i said. i tucked my breast back into my shirt and told them they could come in. i was tearing up. i first saw tate and jonah come in. then i saw my son and daniel.