12

Time skip:

Y/n POV:
'Today is the day I'm going to confess my feelings for the Nancy Wheeler and hopefully she feels the same' is the first thing I though as I woke up Friday morning and I already had my entire day planned out. I hopped out of my bed towards my wardrobe to pick out my outfit for the day and I wanted it to be special so I chose light blue cuffed jeans with a black chopped top and a big light blue and brown flannel over it. I also did my hair nicely In a tight bun while leaving a few strands lose at the front. 'I can do this. I CAN do this.' I said as I looked in the mirror as I added some very light makeup just some mascara and lipgloss. I walked to school as I have for this past week but this time I did it without the wonderful company of Nancy. When I finally  arrived at school I was already doubting to tell Nancy but I had no other options so I'm going to do it this afternoon. I wasn't focused at school at all I was just practicing what I was going to say the whole day not bothering to listen to any of the teacher or even my fellow students because I didn't care I was too nervous. It was now only one minute until the bell went means two things it's the summer holidays which is a plus and it's getting closer for me having to tell Nancy about how I feel which is a minus because she most likely won't even want to hang out with me anymore because I'm a freak.
'Dinggggggg'. it's time. I rush out the hallway looking for Nancy because we are walking back to my house together for a sleepover over. I finally spot her speaking to someone I walk closer only to discover that it's Steve but I can't hear what they are saying but Nancy looks mad and she huffed and walked away from Steve which was the opposite direction in which I was walking so I ran to catch up with her and I did. 'Nance are you already' I ask I'm now directly behind her and I heard her sniffing .
'Oh hey there you are. I'm fine let's go have a great sleepover.' She said suddenly joyful.
'Okay lets go' I replied. After sitting arriving at my house I excused myself to go to the bathroom to take a deep breath and breathe and I was going to finally do it. I had to. I opened to the door walking towards the beautiful girl in front of me happily hummed to a song I didn't want to interrupt her but I don't have a choice. 'Um Nancy I have to tell you something and it's pretty important' 'so do I actually' she said oh great she probably is going she that she wants to leave or something. 'Okay on the count of the three'  'one' ...  I can do this.
'Two'... 'three. I think that I'm in love with you. I say and I immediately regret it I cover my face with my hands. I felt her breath on my neck. 'Really? That's lucky because it love you too.' She said leaning closer and I did too and soon enough our lips joined in sync. Her lips were soft and gentle against my chapped ones.
I put my hand on her cheek and smiled. I can't believe I didn't do this sooner I though.