Introduction

It was 9am on the first day of spring break and Santana Lopez and her family were running around the house getting ready to leave for a 2 week holiday in the Maldives. Maribel Lopez was calling up the stairs to try and get her 17 year old daughter to hurry up. Santana rushed down the stairs with her dark brown hair tickling her back rapidly with each step she took. By the time the girl was ready she found her mum waiting outside the house with all the luggage and a mad expression plastered across her face. "Sorry Mum", Santana said un-apologetically. The two of them stepped outside and said goodbye to their house. Santana's father had left when the girl was just 5 years old and it broke her mother. She didn't speak for a whole year and the little child was left with her abuela. After a long year of living with her grandma her mother snapped out of the scarred state she was in and continued her life as if nothing had ever happened. After everything happened with Santana's family her mother felt so bad and promised her the vacation of her dreams (when she could afford it that was) and the day finally came that they were able to set of for their long journey to the other side of the world.