Chapter Sixteen

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
The next day Maya woke up early to go to the farmers market. Getting the best deals on the fresh fruit and vegetables Maya couldn’t help but feel like the whole world was hers. Driving back home she refused the help of one of the guards to help her with the produce. Swiping her key she entered the elevator, entering the foyer she heard conversation coming from the living.
Excited to meet some of Theo’s friends she took off her coat only to stop dead in her tracks when she heard the name that had her feeling weird,
“Audrey am so glad you’re okay. I missed you”. Theo uttered.
The words he said opened up the doors in her brain as memory by memory flashed before her eyes at once. Everything came back to her from her parents’ death to the orphanage to her one sided love for Theo. The night she spent in his arms, to her kidnapping. Tears rolled down her eyes, a throbbing pain in her mind. Their so called engagement party and what that creep told her about Theo. She couldn’t take it walking back to the elevator she got out of the building refusing the guards to follow her but they didn't listen she tried moving as fast as she could. Looking back she didn't see them letting out a sigh she walked in to the pack. Settling down on one of the benches.  She tried to calm her mind but memories kept coming none stop.
“Are you okay?
She looked up at the green eyed young man towering over her vulnerable frame, her mind struggling to place him and until it clicked.  “Jade” she mumbled
“Are you alright Maya?
She didn't want anything to do with the Reids now. John was right about one thing, Theo was still in love with Audrey despite what he said to her. One could hear it in the way he spoke to Audrey.
“Am okay I just needed some fresh air and the guards were making me uncomfortable. You should go home you have some visitors”.
“But are you sure you are okay”.
“Yes Jade. Go on now”, Maya said thinking of Jake. Was he still studying? Was Sister Rosalind okay? She had to get to the orphanage.
“Okay I will just send some of guards to be around. You’re precious to us, you know that right?
“Yeah right”. Maya said under her breath.
“What? Jade asked.
“Nothing”. The moment he turned the corner she took off taking a taxi to New Jersey
“Where is she? Theo asked. Remembering when he brother walked in to find Audrey and Navid. He immediately cursed rushing out, he asked the guards if they found her.
“Negative sir”.
“What is going on”,
“I think Maya got her memories back she must have walked in on your conversation with your friends”.
“What's going on, is everything alright? Navide and Audrey asked.
“You know all too well how she felt about Audrey and you. She pined over you for years and gave up. She doubted your love for her especially where Audrey was concerned, so am guessing she must have heard something and her doubt resurfaced. Its excepted she has been hurt multiple times it’s only her instinct to run from the pain”.
“Sir we can’t find her”, one of the guards reported.

Theo took his car keys in hand. Stepping in the SUV he drove not knowing where he was going but with hopes to at least spot her on the streets. A dizzy spell hitting as a homeless man was crossing. Twisting the car to the side he avoided hitting the man only to run into power line pole.  Darkness took over.

Faint voices his ears picked up, forcing his eyes open he took in his surroundings recollecting his thoughts before he shoot up in bed. 
“My Baby, Elizabeth rushed to his side.  Theo calm down you were in an accident”.
“Maya? What about Maya. I need to explain everything to her”.
“Just calm down man dad is doing everything possible to find her”. Jade filled in as their mother left to get the doctor.
“I need to be out their Jade, she is alone and her due date is just around the corner”.
“I know but…... Jade fought with what to say until it just came out. I don't want to lose you the way a lost Jaiden. I don't want to be an only child. So please think of your health”.

Maya adjusted her sun glasses as they got off the bus with her brother in tow.
“We need to check in before I meet up with the real estate agent” Maya spoke up as they moved to the reception. Luckily she had got some money from the account Theo had set up for her before she left.  She hated having to use his money but she needed it especially in her condition. It was her only option until she got her bank to give her some of her savings. And she desperately needed to get herself a house before her baby arrived. Jake rolled their suitcase towards the elevators. They got to their suite and as soon as finished her hot shower she got her hand bag heading out,
“Am going out to meet the realtor and also get some clothes for me and the baby. Do you need me to get you anything?”
A week later they moved into her new property in the suburbs of Tampa, a five bedroom house with a swimming pool and extensive back yard. Emptying the bottle of water she struggled to seat down beside her adoptive brother.
“Did you order your bed yet?
“Yes it getting here tomorrow morning”.
“Good let me have a look at that website, we will need a few more pieces of furniture”. The next morning the furniture company truck off loaded their furniture in to the house as the mattress company also showed up. They sat at the dining table eating Chinese food when a pain shoot her abdomen.
“Are you okay? Jake asked
Doing her Breathing exercises the pain subsided. “Am okay it’s just a passing contractions”.
“Maya you do have a birth plan right? Jake asked fear evident in his eyes.
“I have everything ready for the baby’s arrival. The only missing detail is where I will have the baby. But no worries I still have two weeks to go. By the way am sorry I wasn’t there for your high graduation”.
“Maya you were kidnapped and luckily someone sponsored me when you were away and I was able to finish school”.
Maya decided to let it go because every time she thought about how she wasn't a round when Rosalind passed a pain radiated in her heart. The nun was like a second mother to her, holding her chest at the ache she left the table moving up the stairs.

“Maya are you alright? The boy asked.
“Yes, just continue watching your movie”. Maya reached her bed room closing the door she broke down for the very first time ever since she heard of Rosalind is passing. Muffling her sobs with her palms she cried her sockets dry.
“Please forgive me, I wasn’t there”, she cried sleep taking her. She lightly heard Jake check in before moving to his bedroom. She work up to a constant pain in her tummy.
Throwing the bedcovers over, she noticed the wet pool around her when another contraction hit her again. Bounding up a chunk of the bed sheet it finally clicked that she was in labour. Waiting for the pain to pass she walked to her bathroom. Taking a shower she through on her maternity dress and walked to her closet grabbing the baby bag and her own she walked out of the room to Jake’s room shouting for him to wake up.
“Maya what's the matter? He asked stepping out of his bed. The sweat beads on her forehead and the frown on it gave it away. “Is the baby coming?
Rolling her eyes she turned, “please bring the bags to the car”, she said walking down the stairs holding on the stair case for support. Sitting by the foyer she waited for him. Seconds later he ran down the stair both bags over his shoulder. A contraction ripped throw her eliciting a scream out of her.
“Ah, hmmm, am never having sex again. This is torture”. Maya screamed.
Jake stood beside her not knowing what to do or say, embarrassed and hyperventilating.
“Call a uber I don't think I can drive us to the hospital”. Maya finished only to hear a hard thud. Looking in the direction her eyes landed on an unconscious Jake on the wooden tiled floor.
Pulling herself together she moved on to her knees besides him checking if he was breathing. She reached for the land-line and called a uber, worried sick for herself and Jake who was not waking up. Setting his head down, she walked to the kitchen grabbing some ice water and ethanol from the fast aid kit. She opened the strong scented liquid, she brought it to his nose and he finally steered awake from the smell. She sprinkled the cold the water on his face and he shoot up.
“What happen he asked panting?
“You fainted. Maya finished as the uber guy reached horning to signal his arrival. Grab the bags the uber is here”.

Seven hours later Maya gave birth to a bouncing baby girl. That had her father green eyes and a head of honey blonde curls. Sending her brother to clear her bill they were discharged the next day when everything check out for the both of them.
“Sir we found her”, his ex-Marine friend said placing a white folder on his home desk. Theo looked up eyes begging the man not to play with his emotions like the others had done. Giving him inaccurate information about the where about of his fiancée. Taking the folder he opened it his heart beating frantically, calming down he read the information carefully before taking his phone and asking his pilot to prepare the jet. Hours later he was arriving in Tampa. Rolls Royce waiting to take him to the location.
“Won't you be checking in first sir? The driver asked with a welcoming smile.
“No, now step on it.  Theo said making it final. He took out the folder once more opening it to admire the pictures before his eyes. His Maya in a wheelchair their baby held protectively in her arms, her adopted brother packing the bags in the trunk of the taxi. The next photos were of them arriving at a Mediterranean style house on the coastline.
His car parked outside the gate of the property she was staying at. He thanked God that they were at least in a nice place. “Get us in”, he ordered. The driver buzzed the main house and a young man’s voice coming through.
“Who is this?
“Am delivering a message to Ms. Cane? The driver finished and soon enough the gates opened letting them in. Taking a deep breath Theo walked to the double doors. Ringing the bell before the one person his heart longed to see opened the door.
“Maya….” the door shut in his face before he could get the next word out. Pleading out loud is what he did for the next twelve hours. Night had fallen and the weather was threatening to pour down mercilessly. Not withering he stayed put on his knees in the down pour. His driver tried to convince him to leave but he wouldn’t barge.
Fortunately Jade called to inform his brother that he had also arrived in Tampa only for the drive to pick up Theo’s phone and narrate the whole situation they were currently in.  Jade drove the Ferrari at gun shoot speed and in no time he was packing it like a lunatic before jumping out and jogging to his older brother.
“Theo get up this is not good for your Heath”.
“My family is in there and unless she forgives me and let's me in am not leaving this spot”, he said tremors rocking his body.