eleven

-

-

Quebec, Canada

-
His hands were gripping the moose plushie so hard that his two friends told him multiple times that he needed to stop or it would be ruined...

The moose plushie was the exact thing that made him feel comforted. It reminded him of a certain someone who he was waiting for the entire evening.

Mark was barely paying attention while watching the first seven skaters skate. All he knew is that Canada's Nam Nguyen was in the lead but the scores could be easily passed by Donghyuck.

Eventually, he watched as the second group came out to warm-up. His eyes drifted to watch each of the skaters take center ice.

Looking at each one of them, he noticed his familiar face.

His hair was parted to the right making Mark's cheeks turn as dark of a red as the light flashing around. The young boy was off in his world as he moved his skates.

Eventually, his name was called.

"REPRESENTING REPUBLIC OF KOREA, DONGHYUCK LEE!"

Mark cringed hearing his name called in such a weird way as the young boy waved, bowed, and smiled. He cheered loudly with the rest of the crowd before they moved on.

"Mark, I might need to take the plushie away before you break it," Johnny shoved his left shoulder as Mark realized he was doing it again, "We don't want Donghyuck to get a broken plushie."

Mark let his hands relax as the lady called for the warm-up to begin.

His eyes trained on Donghyuck as he lapped the rink before jumping. It was amazing that none of the skaters were hitting each other as jump after jump the males circled the rink.

At the halfway marker, Donghyuck took off his jacket to reveal his new shirt.

Johnny wolf-whistled but Mark paid no attention to him.

It was like a grey, white, and black watercolor painting on a shirt.

Mark didn't do any research regarding Donghyuck's new free skate. He wanted to be surprised.

"It fits his program well," Gabe noted as Shoma Uno landed a jump right in front of them.

"Holy shit," Johnny jumped back as the crowd cheered, "Was that a quad?"

"Yeah," Gabe responded, "He seems to be doing his quad flip, salchow, and toe."

"What is that in basic English?" Johnny asked.

"Three different kinds of quads," Gabe sighed, "I saw Donghyuck do three kinds too, lutz, toe, and flip."

"Aren't lutz and flip the two hardest?" Mark asked as Donghyuck exited his spin.