fourteen

-

-

Quebec, Canada

-

Tapping his fingers against the wood of the table, he used his right hand to stir the hot chocolate he made...

It was only Mark sitting downstairs in the lobby. He was mostly having time to reflect on the past events of earlier that evening.

He simply needed to get out of his team and friends.

The only sound was the sound of the employee at the front desk typing and the lull of the television to his right. It was too far away for Mark to hear, but he could see it was some American football game.

His eyes shifted to his cup of hot chocolate that was still emitting steam.

Soon, the sound of footsteps entered his hearing and Mark looked up to find the culprit.

He also immediately found that the footsteps came from a pair of an older woman and younger boy.

Before he could study them further, he saw the boy look back at him.

No way...

Mark's eyes went back to the table in thought.

Donghyuck was supposed to be leaving tonight. That couldn't be him.

"Stop looking down."

Mark felt his head snap to see Donghyuck standing behind a chair opposite of him.

Next to him, his skating luggage stood as the handle stood up with Donghyuck's right hand holding it tightly. He was wearing a yellow hoodie with a white shirt peeking out and blue jeans.

However, Mark wasn't really looking at his clothes.

Donghyuck's face had evidence of a crying session and Mark didn't know the reasoning.

"You wanna sit down?" Mark finally gathered his thoughts.

"I was going to without your permission," Donghyuck smirked as he pulled the chair with the green cushion so he could sit.

"What are you doing here?" Mark bit his lip after he asked the question.

"Gala was rescheduled to tomorrow," Donghyuck responded, "I have early morning practice then the gala in the evening."