twenty-three

-

-

Vancouver, Canada

-

His brown eyes wandered around the rink as he watched the other figure skaters practicing around him...

Donghyuck was struck with awe as he watched Nathan Chen do a quad flip at the other side of the rink. His eyes saw Shoma Uno do an amazing triple axel down center.

Even though there were only six people on the ice including him, the speed that everyone was going in was making Donghyuck feel like a tortoise. He was definitely going to start going back to power classes after this.

"Are you listening, Donghyuck-ah?" Coach Lee asked.

"Yes, we are currently waiting for one of the rink staff to come so they can set up the music station so we can run through our programs."

Donghyuck's perfect reciting of Coach Lee's words made her laugh.

"Did you hear who I said the staff would be?"

"No?" Donghyuck turned around to face her directly.

"It is fine," Coach Lee dismissed, "Do another quad toe, triple toe combination. Try not to fall this time."

Junhwan had just skated to his coach, Brian Orser, and started giggling. His coach gave him a questioning look as Junhwan sipped the water he was given.

"Yah! Do you forget I'm older than you?"

Junhwan started laughing more which made his coach raise an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry, Hyuck-Hyung," Junhwan laughed, "I thought you were supposed to be practicing."

"I could say the same for you," Donghyuck huffed as Coach Lee glared at him, "Look out for my body because I'm not looking to be killed at my first Grand Prix Final!"

-

Mark was late.

To make up for letting him go through the staff's hallway, Jae told him to take his music shift in the morning.

Of course, Jae didn't tell him until midnight when he was already asleep.

Mark woke up at 7:30 and was going to go back to sleep. When he saw the text saying he had to be at the rink at 8, he practically jumped off Johnny's sofa and quickly ran to the bathroom.