thirty

-

-

Seoul, South Korea

-

His hands were clammy as he tried his best not to let his tears stream down his face faster...

The words of his mother punched him in the heart and shook him from the wooden seat he was in.

"What the hell are you think? A boy? Really? What is happening over there, Donghyuck?"

"It is nothing, Mom," Donghyuck breathed out.

"IT IS SOMETHING IF I AM SEE YOUR FACE ON THE TELEVISION!" His mother yelled out. "You can't simply dismiss this, Donghyuck. You already had this problem in October WITH THE SAME BOY."

"There is nothing wrong with Mark-Hyung!" Donghyuck stood up promptly.

"So, he is American?"

"Canadian, Mom," Donghyuck whispered.

"One, Don't you dare correct me," His mother's voice shook the phone in Donghyuck's hand. "Two, that is still on another part of the world! I am trying to keep you focused, Donghyuck."

"I understand that," Donghyuck slouched back into the chair. "That is why I am still in Seoul training for nationals."

"Well, if you are training then I don't want to distract you," his mother's sternness didn't leave him any time to protest. "Don't be expecting us this year."

When the beep from his phone entered Donghyuck's ear, he felt tears pouring down his face.

"GOD FUCKING DAMN IT!"

He took the plastic water from his left and threw it on the ground.

The bottle burst out and water started to leave its container.

Donghyuck only cried more as he watched the water spread in the middle of the locker room floor.

-

"Mom, we are back!" Jinhyung opened the door into their rented apartment as Mark held bags of food.

"Put the food in the kitchen, you two!" The voice echoed through the white walls of the apartment.

"Ok!" The two sons responded as they waddled through the apartment after taking their shoes off.

Their modern apartment was in the middle of the city. Mark's parents were keen on staying at their place rather than staying with other members of the family. It was the perfect way of saying, 'I don't want to deal with family on this vacation,' and Mark was thankful.