16: Dada

"25 million... 27 million... 30 million..." Uta moved almost imperceptibly behind Mutsuki. Although you couldn't tell on the screen, he whispered to them. "100 million, now it is a one on one battle between number 1 and number 110!"

Suddenly, chills ran down your body as you heard your mother's voice.

"It's obvious that I'll... want such a rare pet, isn't it!? And the modeling is good too!!" She screamed out.

"120 million!" Uta called out. "This time the madam isn't pulling out! However, number 110 is not giving in either! 150 million! 220 million!... Going once... Going twice... Sold!"

"I really don't understand their plan. I thought Juuzou was supposed to have more of a central role..." You pondered. "I mean, my mother isn't going to be taken down by a half ghoul..."

"An unexpectedly rare item was mixed in and claimed the highest bid today. Well then, I will introduce the next item while your excitement is still lingering. This too is not in the catalogue--"

"God, we get it, Uta, nothing good is in the catalogue." Itori laughed and mocked him.

"I will now introduce an extremely beautiful young girl who can seemingly fetch another high price."

"Dada!" Yukizou cheered and reached toward the screen.

"Yes, Dada!" It was indeed him, but in full female attire. And he was absolutely slaying the stage. 

"Now then, the starting bid is..."

"No need for a price." Juuzou licked his lips, and suddenly stomped his false leg, releasing his quinque. Within a flash, three knives were deep in Uta's face.

"That bitch," you laughed. "He's been waiting to do that for ages."

As chaos descended upon the arena, you decided it was time to put the babies to bed. Yukizou didn't need to see violence like that and  Kyou had long been asleep anyway. You motioned for Itori to follow you to the guest room, which had a pack and play in it for your children.

It was easy just to set Kyou down in it, but Yukizou was a tad upset. He hadn't wanted to leave the screen with his fathers on it.

Fair enough. But it was plenty late and even Itori could notice his eyes drooping.

As you reached out your arms for your toddler, she handed over a now fussing little boy.

"No, no, no! Dada! Dada!" He began to get loud.

"Dada will come home later. It's bedtime now, Yuki." You assured him.

Suddenly, your child burst into tears and you decided that bedtime wouldn't be happening right now, as originally stated. It wasn't worth the battle.

"Itori, do you have any flesh for him to eat? I just want to give him a snack to calm down. He must not have had any human in a while."

"Oh, yeah, let's go into the kitchen." She nodded. "He gets grumpy without it?"

"He doesn't need it as much and he can eat human food too. Best of both worlds really. But yeah, when he needs it, he really needs it." You shrugged. "I just want to get back to watching. I wonder when my mother will notice..."