24)

Anne slumped in her bed tears flowing from her eyes. How could her best friends think so low of her? And how could her bosom friend Diana take Ruby's side over hers?

She sniffed lightly wiping a tear from her eye just as the doorbell rang.

Marilla had left to visit her best friend Rachel whilst Matthew was in the corn fields so Anna begrudgingly clambered out of bed and made her way downstairs to the front door. Swinging it open she found two boys standing in front of her. One boy had strawberry blonde hair and was smiling weakly holding a large bag of snacks and a large carton of Fanta. The other held two large boxes of pizza and a coffee carrier which rested just below his chin, his raven black curls bobbed and he had a small grin on his face.

"We are here for a comfort Anne day!!" Cole exclaimed as he barged past a bewildered Anne and marched into the living room as the other two just watched.

Gilbert cleared his throat and Anna spun to meet his gaze.

"I'm sorry Anne...about the whole Rub-" he began but was cut off.

"It isn't your fault Gilbert...she will think what she will, there's no use in blaming yourself- it was your personal choice." She smiled kindly at the boy who's eyes widened at Anne being genuinely nice to him for once.

"Anyway..." She breathes.

"Anyway...." he gazed down at her, her shining sapphire eyes gazing into his hazel orbs.

They stared at one another for a while.

A long while.

"CMON SLOW COACHES, WE DONT HAVE TIME FOR GOO GOO EYES WE HAVE SNACKS AND NETFLIX CALLING, OH AND GILBERT WE NEED THE PIZZA AND COFFEES DINGUS."

They both rolled their eyes at Cole. Anne moved to the side as Gilbert stumbled in with the pizza and the coffees, she chuckled as he nearly tripped over.

T W I T T E R

@AnneSC: ready to spent today with my boy besties💕🤪
Tagged: @Colem @GilBlythe
6,465 likes, 3 retweets

*COMMENTS HAVE BEEN DISABLED*

*A FEW HOURS LATER*

Cole drew his eyes away from the tv screen. They had been binge watching marvel movies for 5 hours straight, the pizza only had like two slices left, and nearly 70% of the snacks had been eaten.

They had been in silence for the past hour, Cole hadn't noticed previously due to being fully absorbed in guardians of the galaxy.

They curtains were drawn so the living room was fully dark except for a dim light in the corner where a small lamp was placed.

He looked to the left where Anne was sat before but was shocked and ecstatic to see that she was now not sitting up, neither her or Gilbert were but they instead they were both asleep spooning each other whilst they lay on the other side of the sofa. This made Cole come to the realisation that he was squished into the corner of the sofa, he shook his head- attempting not to laugh as he didn't want to wake the two teens.

They looked so cute, like a real life couple.

Cole snapped a pic just so he could tease them about it later. He knew Ruby's speculations were completely wrong but maybe that could be a possibility in the near future- he would put it past the his two friends considering how they are smiling in their sleep.

T W I T T ER

@Colem: two sleeping baby birds cuddled against each other hehe
Tagged: @anneSC @GilBlythe

4,356 likes, 46 comments
2 retweets

Comments:

@Rubygil: HOW DARE SHE
@Colem: fuck off

@DianaB: wowww, seriously- how horrible can you get @AnneSC, slut much?
@Colem: 1) why are you being so horrible? 2) stop being a bitch
3) I thought you were her friend smh

@JerryBarn: guess Ruby was right about you, can't be trusted @AnneSC
@Colem: technically you can't be trusted as you would so easily throw away a friendship and family bond with a beautiful girl who's helped you so much for some measly crush you have on a dumb childish blonde girl.

@JPye: okay but why is it lowkey a ship- sorry Rubes....
@Colem: true true
@Rubygil: wow Josie.

@BillyA: damn all this drama...
@Colem: iKr

@GilBlythe: Cole...what have you done...Anne's going to freak when she wakes up. You better leave ASAP.
@Colem: and I oOp