The Truth

I felt someone's gaze on me like they were studying me. I woke up with a start. I thought I would find Rafael staring angrily at me because I woke up late but when I opened my eyes I didn't see him anywhere. I checked the time it was still 5AM. I hate this. Once I was wide awake it was hard to fall asleep again but the whole day I will be tired. I went out to the kitchen something to have some breakfast. So I went straight to the fridge and found many things again bought to us by our adoptive parents. I didn't like this. But I just made grilled cheese sandwiches for me and my brother trying not to think about how good life is right now. It seemed too fake and I dreaded that something horrible was going to happen very soon.
I took a bath after awhile and checked my phone. So many messages. I liked the attention I was getting. Kids from my old school always bullied me and my brother because we were not rich. But now I was one of the popular girls. I checked the time and it was 7:30AM. I was surprised that Rafael was still sleeping. I got tensed. I slowly went to his and knocked on his door. There was no response so I opened the door.
He wasn't there and room was messy and that's really weird because he would never keep his room messy. I calmed myself and checked if he was in the bathroom. That was where I lost my shit.
The bathroom was thrashed as if someone was struggling and there was blood on the ground and on the walls. I started panicking. I called for Rafael but couldn't get any response. I called the cops but no one picked the call.
"What the fuck? How can the call be unreachable?" I screamed and threw the phone on the wall. I ran outside to get to the reception table. Something was bugging me I couldn't quite catch it. I wentran road the reception, that's when I realized that the whole building was dead silent. The building was empty. That was not it, there were bloody footprints everywhere.
"No, I couldn't have. Not when everything was perfect. I was fine. I was happy. I couldn't have lost it." I was panicking I didn't know what had happened. I was scared. I was terrified of what might happen next.