Chapter 7: Tag Team Hookup

Last chapter was the swearing of revenge by Laura against Manolo and Ichika. Now there is an upcoming tag match. A surprise tag match. Wonder who would partner up with whom. Let's find out.

Enjoy!

Manolo's POV

I was working with Ichika, Rin, Cecilia, Charles, and Houki on our IS's. We were talking about the incident with the new girl Laura. Can't get her off my mind because of what happened. "You guys have heard of a new tournament coming up?" Cecilia said. "We have. Almost everyone who have personal IS units can participate." Ichika said. "And there was a prize set among the students. Winner guarantees a date with Ichika or Manolo." Charles said. I immediately turn red as a nuclear reactor. I see the girls. Oh boy, have they poked the hornets nest. We've seen Houki, Cecilia and Reen just stare at me and Ichika as if we committed a murder. But we've heard from my sisters that it's not our choice for partners, it'll be a lottery. Odds of me teaming up with Ichika is like hitting a loteria with your parents and your aunts, very slim.

Later

They're about to announce the teams in a few hours. So I decided to look around to find someone who's been really distant from the tournament: Houki. I've known Houki to be a badass woman. Like Boudicca or Florence Nightingale. It's not like her to be not confident for a big tag tournament. "Houki. What's the matter?" I ask her. "Hey Manolo. Just wondering." She asks. "Is this about the tournament? I'm your roommate and your friend. You can ask me anything." I say sitting in another desk. "It's about my IS. I don't have a personal one. So I have to use the one on loan. And hope to be like everyone else in this academy. You and Ichika are like treasure: the only two males in this school." I chuckle at her statement. Dullahan's Halo and Byakushki sounds like a good tag name in a futuristic shooting game. "Hey Manolo." I hear Houki. I turn to see her. "If we ever meet against each other, don't think I'll give in that easy." She said with confidence. "Is that so, Shinonono? Yo tengo ganas, chica. May the best person win." We say shaking hands.

A few hours later

A few hours later

It's time. The announcement of the tag team first match. We then see the names. And number one is Ichika. Good for him. Who's his partner in arms? Really?! Me! Not complaining. Good to fight alongside another man. Now we see who we are going to fight against. Houki. Okay. Hope that talk we had boosted her attitude. And her partner? Oh, son of a bitch. "Manolo, you see this?" I hear Ichika cry. "No shit, dude!" I yell. Her partner was Laura goddamn Bodewig. She's bad news, man. That slap hasn't left my mind.

At the hangar

"Ichika Orimura and Manolo Estevez. Please make preparations as your match will begin shortly." We hear Ms. Yamada say. "Oye Manolo." I hear Isabella calling me. "I've done some maintenance on her IS. She has what is known as an AIC." "What's that?" Ichika overhears. "AIC is what is known as an active inertia canceler. So basically in common terms. It's like the Juggernaut from the X-Men series running into a clear wall reinforced with steel and concrete. It stops him there." I explain to him. "That's my little brother right there. Always studying since his parents egged him on to as a child." (That was me as well, ladies and gentlemen. My parents begged me to study often since my grades were mediocre until all the way to middle school and high school. Study hard and get good grades, everyone.)