Part 4

'Creek' Midoriya jumped.

'SHIT—!' Todoroki and Bakugou looked behind them. Bakugou slapped Todoroki's hand away and ran to the door. He swung it open.

"WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU TO EAVESDROP ON OTHER PEOPLE'S CONVERSATIONS!?!?" Midoriya stood up taller.

"I'm not afraid of you anymore, Kacchan." Midoriya snapped back. Todoroki ran to Bakugou's side. Bakugou grabbed Midoriya's neck and raised him higher. Midoriya clawed at his hand.

"BAKUGOU!" Todoroki shouted pushing Bakugou away from the smaller male. Todoroki helped Midoriya off the floor.

"Bakugou, I understand this is alot for you but Kirishima is okay and we don't want to get into more trouble than we are already in." Todoroki looked at Bakugou disappointed.

"Tch. The stupid nerd can't do anything to me. He's quirkiness!" Suddenly, Bakugou was propelled across the room into the opposite wall. On the other side inside the doorway Midoriya was crumbling to the ground engulfed in tears.

'What just happened—?' Todoroki ran to Bakugou's aid, raising him off the floor and calling for help. His bones were broken and he was bleeding from the head.

"HELP! SOMEONE HELP!!!" Todoroki screamed as loud as he could but his monotone voice seemed to cause no alert to the others in the vicinity. Todoroki grabbed Midoriya in his other hand and skated down the hallways creating ice paths. He made his way to Toga's room. He kicked the door down. Huffing in and out heavily Todoroki feel onto his knees. Toga turned around from aiding Kirishima back to health.

"Not again." Toga darted to Todoroki.

"Todoroki, lift Bakugou to the other bed over there, please." She said pointing to Midoriya's bed on the other half of the room. Todoroki carried him over his shoulder to the bed and rested him down softly. He then made his way to Midoriya who had already moved to one of the chairs in front of the bar. He made his way to Midoriya's side.

"What happened back there?" He asked bluntly. His face stayed aloof and his voice still monotone.

"How do you remain so calm in a situation like this?" Midoriya retaliated. Todoroki fixed himself in the chair.

"I asked you first." He cupped Midoriya's cheek.

"I won't judge you." He added abruptly. Midoriya smiled peacefully.

"Okay, I was spying on you. When Bakugou got... angry. I got frightened. I thought this time for sure he was going to kill me. But... you stepped in. Then, I lost control. I never said thank you by the way. So... thank you, Todoroki." Midoriya looked at his hands and sipped a glass of water. Todoroki hugged him.

"I'll let you in on a secret. You're the first person I have hugged other than my mother." Midoriya laughed.

"That can't be true!" Midoriya laughed harder. Todoroki joined. They both laughed and joked for an hour or two.

'Wow. One day. Already best friends... he's growing...' Toga smiled to herself and walked back to her and Midoriya's room to heal the boys. Midoriya and Todoroki both stopped laughing and just stared at ome another. They both inched closer to one another. Todoroki slowly leaned closer to his lips as they both closed their eyes.

"IZUKU~!" Toga shouted from the bend of the corner. Midoriya and Todoroki jumped and fixed their positions getting more natural as Tiga spread some news.

"So~ we're going to be infiltrating U.A. next week. So Bakugou, Kirishima and Todoroki need to start training!" Toga smiled at Todoroki and he returned a sad small smile.

"What's wrong, Todo?" Toga asked concerned. Todoroki shook his head slightly.

"It's nothing." Midoriya rested his hand on his lightly.

"You can tell us, we won't tell..." Midoriya and Toga smiled at Todoroki lovingly.

"It's just. I have been through some stuff to do with training—"

"SAY NO MORE," Toga interrupted, "Izuku and I will train with you! We'll make it a friendship thing!" Todoroki smiled.

"Thanks." The three we're laughing together and trying to make Todoroki smile all night.

"Traitor." Bakugou mumbled under his breath. A hand rested on his shoulder softly.

"Katsu," He looked to his side, "stop. He— he's in love. Leave him alone." Bakugou sighed. Kirishima smiled brightly and grabbed his hand. He dragged him down the hallway to their new sleeping quarters.

Midoriya slapped his knee lightly.

"C'mon Todoroki! Smile!" He laughed. Todoroki smiled at the sight of his. Toga began to laugh. She stopped herself.

"Look! Look," Toga pointed at Todoroki, "he's smiling!!!" They all laughed. Todoroki covered his mouth. His cheeks becoming red and his face flushed. Laughter echoed through the base.

'Is this... what family feels like?' Todoroki zoned out.

"Todoroki?" Midoriya tapped his shoulder. He jumped in reaction.

"Ah! Sorry..." He apologised. Midoriya smiled and turned back to Toga. They continued to finish their conversation, Todoroki adding in small opinions here and there when Bakugou bursted into the room with tears stained on his face. He ran up to Todoroki.

"You did this."

Word count: 827