•8•

*

Bill leads them through the house and connected chapel and out of the window onto a ledge

Bill leads them through the house and connected chapel and out of the window onto a ledge. (Y/N) takes a breath, watching the setting sun on the horizon.

"Look. There's the school." Bill points out, jumping down and crossing over to the gate. "Past this gate. It's new territory for me." He states with a heavy and reluctant sigh to go any further.

In complete silence, the group navigate their way through the graveyard, avoiding or taking down the clickers at all costs. Bill unlocks the gate leading them out into a neighbourhood and they keep low, knowing that this was also populated by multiple clickers.

Heading towards a house, they make their way into the garage.

"This way." Joel whispers and pushes the door open, peeking through and closing it again. "Tied on the other side."

(Y/N) rips off the cover on the doggy door and motions for Ellie to go in. "Be very careful." She orders.

"Maybe you should've given her a gun." Bill states and she rolls her eyes just as the door opens and Ellie informs them of more clickers.

"They ain't seen us yet, just stay down." Joel suggests, taking the lead through the house.Out the back door, they climb up onto an RV and use the wooden plank to cross to the abandoned treehouse.

"School's on the other side of this house. Let's get inside." Bill speaks, knowing that their coast, for now, was clear.

Whilst searching the building, (Y/N) leaves Joel and Ellie alone, where she apologises for Tess. The Firefly then helps Bill lift up the garage door and the four exit, crouching behind a car and overlooking the school buses.

"What'd I tell ya? There's that truck, sticking outta the school right there." He points in the distance.

"There's a bunch of 'em up there, so let's try not to make a sound." (Y/N) mutters, slowly making her way down.

They try and creep their way around, but it doesn't last long and soon they're swarmed by the infected. (Y/N) whacks one holding Bill with a stick before jamming her knife into it to kill it. Joel shotguns the last one, the group having dealt with the others.

"Well that was easier than I thought it'd be. They must be hauled up somewhere else." Bill informs them.

"Yeah you're welcome by the way." (Y/N) tells him, waving her bloodied knife and he mimics her movements, rolling his eyes.

Joel shakes his head at the pair. "How do we get inside?"

After looking around, he helps Ellie climb into the roof of one of the buses and she pushes a ladder down to them. The adults go up, dropping down the other side of the fence the bus had crashed through.

"We're okay. We just need to get to the hood of the truck." Bill announces.

"Shit. You hear that?" (Y/N) suddenly perks up, her eyes widening and Bill curses under his breath.