•18•

*

The bright light cascades through the gaps and the Firefly awakens, yawning slightly to see Ellie at the window

The bright light cascades through the gaps and the Firefly awakens, yawning slightly to see Ellie at the window. "Oh, fuck." She whispers and (Y/N) stands with a frown. "What?"

"They tracked us." Ellie informs her and she curses under her breath, picking up her weapon.

"Stay with Joel. I'll draw them away from here." She orders and the teenager shakes her head. "No, fuck you, I'm coming along."

"El, please..."

"I'm already loosing Joel, I can't loose you too!" Ellie exclaims and (Y/N) pinches the bridge of her nose.

"Any sign of trouble, or if I get caught and you don't, you come straight back here. For him. You understand?" At this, she nods and (Y/N) sighs. "Let's go, quickly."

She brings Callus out of the garage, slowly shutting the door behind her and helping Ellie on before clambering on herself. Sneakily, they make their way past a group of them in the middle of the street.

The two get distracted by them, failing to hear the man tiptoeing up behind them and grabbing Ellie's jacket. "Hey, I got them! Get your ass over -"

The young girl pulls out her knife, stabbing him in the neck and (Y/N) rides them off with shots following out after them. Insults are whirled behind, adding to the bitterness of the cold and they make fast down through the town.

(Y/N) tries her best to dodge the bullets, but atop a slope, one hits the horse and sends them falling down into the snow. The Firefly sits up, clutching her leg. The wound from earlier had re-opened, soaking through the bandage but she scans for Ellie who was already stood.

"Oh shit..." The teenager whispers, looking at their horse lying still. The older woman stands, clutching her bow tight and wincing.

"We gotta move." (Y/N) tells her, nudging her forward and knocking an arrow. She limps behind Ellie towards the cabins, hearing the shouts of the enemy behind them and climb in through the broken window.

Moving through the buildings, the two stealthily take down anyone and make their way down to the lakeside.

Ellie goes through the tunnel first and (Y/N) follows suite and they slowly make their way up the path, going through the second pipe.

"This thing is blocking us." Ellie points out.

"I'll go around and try to move it. You wait here." The Firefly tells her, heading back out and to the side. Pulling the wooden crate out, she limps back and crouches back through. Once out the other side, (Y/N) points to the hills. "There's the way back."

"Hang in there, Joel." Ellie whispers.

They go towards the main building, but more hunters join the area and they're forced to hide once more. Clearing them out, the pair head around the side and drop down through a small window.  They engage in a fight with more hunters and run towards the doors.