Chapter 18: Friends

You walk with Kirishima and Tsuyu after school the next day. Dark clouds hung overhead yet spirits were still high.

Kirishima: You know, I didn't expect U.A to be so much fun! Every day is a new experience!

Tsuyu: It really is amazing. I'm just glad I made friends ribbit.

You: I'm glad too. I honestly expected to be alone all year. Boy was I proven wrong.

Kirishima: We're on the path to becoming pro-heroes! Someday we're going to be duking it out with villains and saving the innocent!

Tsuyu: That's a pretty black and white way of things about heroes.

You: Bah, let him have this. He's having fun.

Kirishima: Damn right I am! Ready to train today (R/N)?

You: Do I have a choice?

Tsuyu: You two are going to train?

Kirishima: Yup!

Tsuyu: I hate to say it (R/N) but you're going to die if he's helping you.

Kirishima: I'll go easy on him... at first!

You: God help me.

Tsuyu let's out a laugh.

Tsuyu: Jokes aside, I would like to see you improve.

You: I'd like to as well. SIX PACK HERE I COME!

Kirishima: Don't start dreaming too big man, you got a loooong way to go until that point.

Tsuyu reaches the point where she has to part ways, she waves goodbye, leaving you and Kirishima.

You: So where are we headed?

Kirishima: Theres this great spot in the woods I like to go to when I exercise. It's secluded and spacious, making a great spot to train.

You: Well alright, lead the way.

Kirishima leads you to a wooded area near the outskirts of the city. You both place your bags near a tree.

He guides you through warm ups and proper techniques.

Side by side, you follow his movements.

His punches.
His kicks.
His emotions.
And his energy.

In about two hours you had produced enough sweat to fill a small bucket.

Kirishima: I like your efforts!

He clenches his fist together.

Kirishima: I think I'm gonna make you my permanent training buddy!

You were still out of breath.

You: Thats... great man... I'm having fun too!

Next came the hand to hand combat. It turns out that Kirishima was proficient in the art. He showed you a variety of basic moves and what they're used for.

You did your best to follow along despite never having any past experience.

It was about 7:00 a.m when he called it quits. Your whole body felt like it was shutting down.

Kirishima: I train every other day to give my body a proper rest. Someone like you might want to take it a bit easier but once you get stronger, this will become a breeze!

The signals he was outputting made you feel at home. You gave him a huge smile.

You: Yeah, I look forward to it. Thanks for offering me this opportunity to get stronger!