Chapter 48.5: Ill Tidings

???: Phoebe NO!

Phoebe: (R/N)?

She heard your voice cry out in an expansive empty void.

Bright lights fill Phoebe's vision as time slows down and bends around her. Burnt stone forms under her feet.

Blackened embers cover her now bleeding arms.

???: Phoebe... stand up and fight! Please! We need you! I need you.

It was Aizawa's voice this time.

Her sight slowly starts to fade out as she drowns in darkness.

???: You failed Black Wind. Now you'll suffer the consequences just like I did.

Yato.

???: Please... I can't do this without you...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A sharp pain pierces Phoebe's head as she wakes up from the nightmare. Cold sweat runs down her forehead and she was breathing heavily.

She jolts up in her bed, shaking and terrified.

Phoebe was being subjected to reacurring nightmares since participating in your final exams.

Phoebe: Why... why again? Why the hell is happening to me?

Aizawa, who was sleeping beside her, woke up from Phoebe's sudden jolt.

Phoebe: Sorry... I didn't mean to wake you up.

Aizawa leans up in the bed noticing her heavy breathing and cold sweat.

Aizawa: Was it that nightmare again?

Phoebe: Yeah...

She tries to shake off the feeling of terror that was gripping her mind.

Aizawa rubs her bare back, hoping she would absorb some of his calm energy.

Aizawa: You're gonna be alright. They're just dreams.

Phoebe doesn't respond, instead choosing to lay back down in the bed and rest her head on Aizawa's arms.

Phoebe: Do me a favor... when (R/N) goes to the summer camp with you, keep an eye on him. I fear that something really horrible is going to happen and I won't be there to stop it.

Aizawa: I promise that I will. You'll be the first person I contact.

Phoebe stares out into the dark bedroom.

Phoebe: Thank you for last night. I needed that relaxation.

Aizawa had already drifted back off to sleep before he could hear what she said.

Phoebe: I have to be prepared for whatever comes next... I can't let my student down.