Sincerely (Y/N)

Dear Grandmother,
    I have missed you and everyone else greatly. I am sorry to say that I will not return home for the time being. I am on the search for my being and strength. I wish to prove myself to you, however not by beatings or a bloodline honor to uphold. I desire the strength to be able to support you all because of my own ambitions. I will come back as soon as I figure out why I want to honor your expectations. And when you realize that trying to beat me enough to meet them doesn't work.

My hand shook as I wrote. I wanted to finally be able to get rid of the pain in my chest from all the anger she has given me that I didn't even realize I had been holding. Tell her how much I hated not being enough for her to praise even once. Shout through the words of anguish I felt. However, I didn't want to put back the hatred that I felt back into the world. Not when I'm not strong enough to deal with the consequences.
    "(Y/N) I'm back home. If you want to train we better start now. It's getting late." Sargan bellowed from the caves opening.
    I quickly put my letter in my drawer. 'I'll finish this later then' I walked to Sargan.
    "I'll be teaching you something now old man. Like how to lose" I smiled cockily.
    "Getting over confident are we." He said raising an eyebrow as we both walked out of the cave.
    "I don't need you to be able to read a spell from a book." I said back stretching my body out.
    "You need to start learning your clan's gift as well. It's nice if you know other magic but you can't rely on it all the time."
    "I know, I know. If I lose to much magic power the only thing I can use is my gift," I sighed, "let's get this going"
     I charged at him with my hand covering my mouth, "Dirt dragon roar" I whispered. Dirt spewed out of my mouth in a quick spiral and went towards sargan. He quickly blocked it and went towards me too. He turned around quickly and hit me with his tail. I got knocked into a tree. I wobbly got up and charged again. I raised my fist and punched the ground causing giant diamonds to raise up from the ground and surround Sargan. He chuckled and used his powerful jaw to bite a side of it off and step out. I was shocked and just stood there.
    "That's no fair I don't have a giant mouth." I said folding my arms and pouting.
    "And I don't have disposable thumbs your point being."
    "That is a Fallacy! I dont have the advantage because I have disposable thumbs!"
    "You're just like your mother." He sighed and chuckled.
    I stood straighter as I looked at the floor. "What was she like? With you and the other dragons?"
    "Do you wish to stop the training so I can talk about her?" His voice softened ever so slightly. I nodded. We walked over to the lake side and sat at the edge. I stuck my hand and made some of the water twirl higher and higher as we were talking.
     "Your mother was always causing a ruckus and when someone would be arguing with her she would always point out their weak points," He started," She got herself out of trouble with her literacy skills, very charismatic that one." He chuckled, I had a small smile on my face.
     "Was she amazing at fighting?"
     "No she was not," when I heard that my little twist fell back into the bigger body of water and I looked up at him, "she was horrible at offense believe it or not. She was better at defense or support. Your mother was not a fighter she was a healer, a protector, a support unit to us dragons" he said looking down at me. My eyes sparkled. I looked down at my hands.
    'I have the blood of a protector running through my veins. I don't have to be a fighter' I looked up at him again and grinned. "We should start training again."
    We started another fight and I used some new techniques I had learned and I still lost, it was a very disappointing day for me.
    We went back to the cave, I grabbed some clothes and showered in the lake, I changed and went back to the cave again and before bed I finished my letter.

I wasn't smart enough to realize I had complicated feelings towards you grandmother. I love you I do. However your ways weren't letting me grow. I was just a warrior with no emotions following orders. I don't want to be that to you grandmother. I want to be an ally to you where you can count on me to do the right thing for our family. After all I have nothing without you. However that love doesn't cloud over the fact that you hurt me. Not anymore. Once I know my reasoning and you stop being a tyrant I will return. I miss you and the others dearly and it pains me to stay away. It's for the best though. Let's hope this ends soon.
    Sincerely,
                     (Y/N)
   The next morning I went off to find a way to mail the letter and receive one hopefully. After about 2 hours I found a village and sent the letter. On the way back I went hunting and caught some rabbits and a fish. I got back to camp and started cooking the food.
    'I hope I receive a letter soon. I'll have to go to town eveyday then in Hope's that I get one.' I sighed exhausted at the thought. I finished the food right when Sargon got back. We did our usual routine and went to bed. I had asked him to teach me more defensive moves in Hope's of being a good protector one day.