Room 8

I entered Room 8, feeling defeated. Destroyed. I didn't even care that I was almost out of here. I didn't care about anything. I wouldn't be the same anyway, so what was the point? I was emotionless. I had no hope left. I tried to reassure my self but all I could think was, what's the point?

Room 8 was a disaster, but I was getting used to that. I had seen my family bloodied and chopped up. I'd been trapped in a room with a demon. I'd been pecked nearly to death by bugs. I'd basically been through everything. I was beyond caring at the moment.

Yet, despite all that, I still have trouble processing what happened in Room 8. I felt like I had see everything, but some really dark minds were at work here. I struggled to comprehend how someone could be so cruel.

Room 8 was just like Room 3 and Room 6. Same chair, same lamp. I was adamantly sick of this room. Each time I had been in here I saw the worst things and it sure didn't disappoint this time.

All the other times I'd been in here, that dingy chair had been empty. I was beginning to question why it was even there, but now things were different. Someone was in the chair, but who, I struggled to grasp.

It was a teenage girl around my age. She had her head down in her hands. She was crying. She seemed normal enough though. No demons, at least. She was wearing a leather jacket, purple converse shoes, and she had a lot of pink in her hair. I found it really odd that we were wearing the exact same thing. What did that mean?

I took a tentative step closer to her, my heart pounding. The girl on the chair looked up at me and I was so shocked by what I saw, that I yelped and jumped back.

I couldn't believe my eyes as I looked back at her.

The girl in the chair was me.

It was me in that chair. There was another Hailey somehow. Tears were streaming down her - or my - face and her eyes were wide as she stared at me. She was afraid of me for some reason. Well, I was afraid of her so I guess I could understand.

"Please. . ." She suddenly begged. She made me sound so pathetic. "Please don't do it. Please don't hurt me!"

She looked so desperate and panicked that it confused me. I was baffled at her words. Why would I hurt her? "What?" I questioned, "W-what are you talking about? I'm not gonna hurt you. Who ARE you?"

She didn't answer. She just started sobbing hard. It amazed me how similar to me she was. She had the same posture. She even cried like me. She shook her head sorrowfully and said, "Yes you are. . . You're going to hurt me, I already know and please. . ." She paused as she sobbed, "I don't want you to."

I stepped closer until I was only a couple feet away from my clone. I wanted to comfort her for some reason. Even though she could possibly be my enemy, I hated seeing my own self like this. I said, "You need to calm down. Who are you exactly? What are you crying for? I'm not going to hurt you!"

She completely ignored what I said and buried her face into her hands. "You're going to hurt me, you're going to hurt me, if you wanna get out of here you're going to do it. I know you are! You're going to hurt me!"

I sighed frustratedly and rolled my eyes. Here I am, in the middle of a haunted house, losing my very sanity, and now I'm comforting a clone of myself. This house made no sense and I was sick of it. "Why are you saying that!? Stop crying and tell me ho-"

That's when I saw it.

Her leather jacket was left unzipped, like mine and she was wearing the same shirt as me. Just a simple purple shirt, I hadn't put in much of a effort today, but near the neck of the shirt, there was a number nine drawn in blood.