Part I Chapter XII - Car Crash

Quick A/N: THIS THING IS KILLING ME! Part 1 (Which is the part of the book where they're children) is getting longer than I thought it would be. I might have to pack a lot of stuff into one chapter just to get it over with and onto Part 2 (normal time). If I do that, that means that this book will have a lot of time skips. Not just hours or days, but probably years! I hope all of you are okay with that. I should stop talking...or writing? I really don't care. Enjoy the chapter.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

Hearts POV

The game of truth or dare is finally over! It's lunch time and mommy made sandwiches for everyone. I munch on a grilled cheese sandwich while The others are washing their hands since they already finished their food. I get off my seat from the table and run to the others to wash my hands.

After I wash my hands, I search for the others. I go upstairs and go past the bathroom door. I notice that the door is a little bit open. I go back and yelp as I'm pulled in by Athena. She closes the door and I land in Jason's arms. I quickly get up and ask them "What the hell is going on?!". "We're playing virus!" Athena says. "Adam's it. If he finds you, you have to help him find other people until everyone is out. Last wins though." She explains further. I hear someone's footsteps past the door to the bathroom. Guessing it's Adam, I lock the door. The three of us listen carefully for him. I hear him pass our door. I then hear footsteps going down the stairs. "He should be gone now. I have the best hiding place ever, don't worry. Come with me." I unlocked the door to the bathroom. Jason looks outside for a bit. "No sign of him. We can go". The three of us run outside and into my parents room. I leave the door unlocked, knowing that Adam would never find us. I open the doors to my parents walk-in closet. Once everyone is in, I lock the door from the inside. (Yes, the walk in closet can be locked from the inside).

"We're safe here. Adam and Tyler don't like going here. If we're ever caught, it would either be by Harvey or one of our friends." I say. I sit down on the floor and wait.

~

After a few minutes the three of us get bored. I was about to go outside when I heard Adams booming voice.

"COME OUT YOU GUYS! I'VE CAUGHT EVERYONE ALREADY!" He shouts.

I hear come into my parents room. There were more than his footsteps. Those must be my friends.

"Okay, I think we have to make a sacrifice. Who wants to be on Adams side?" Athena asks.

"I'll do it. But one of you has to come with me." Jason says sighing.

"I'll come with you. Heart, open the door" Athena says.

"You sure?" I ask.

They both nod. I unlock the door then run to the edge of the walk in closet and hide behind some clothes.

"Adam! WE'RE HERE!" Jason shouts.

I peep out from behind the clothes to see Adam tagging Jason and Athena. After that, I come out from behind the clothes.

"Hearts the winner!" Ty says happily.

"Thank you for sacrificing" I say to Athena and Jason.

"No problem!" They say.

3 YEARS LATER

Im finally grade 6! I can't believe it! What I also can't believe is that all my friends were able to make it too.

"Heart, make it quick! We're gonna pick up all of your friends so we could go to your party!" My dad shouts from below.

Another thing that I can't believe is that Harvey and I are finally 11. Today's a Saturday so we're going to be celebrating my birthday somewhere. My parents won't tell, but Harvey says that we're going to a really cool place. I go downstairs after fixing everything I need. My dad holds the door open for me. "After you my princess" He says. I giggle and go outside. I hope into the car, sitting next to Adam.