Part I Chapter XIII - Pain

Jason's POV

I wait at the door for Heart's car. Where are they? They should have been here by now. There isn't that much traffic on the road today, that what I hope at least. "Hey Jason! Stop waiting over there and come play with us!" My sister calls out. I sigh and close the door. I move over to my friends and look at what they're playing. The girls are playing board games while the guys are no where to be found. I find Mitch hiding behind the couch.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"We're playing hide n' seek. Wanna join? Jerome's taking a while to count, why don't the two of you change places?" He says pointing to the wall. I can hear Jerome trying to figure out whats after 5. Im not even sure how he passed grade 5. (This is a joke ok.)

"Sure"

I go over to Jerome and tap him on the shoulder. He stops counting and smiles offering me to count. I smile back at him and tell him to hide. He runs off to Mitch and they go to a different hiding place. I close my eyes and begin to count. Once I reach the number 3 I suddenly seem to stop. There was a short silence and nobody was moving for a second. Everybody started moving again and I continued counting. "4, 5, 6" Thats strange. The world just stopped... "7, 8, 9" I wonder what it means. Maybe it was just my imagination. "10!"

Our landline began to ring at the number 10. From the corner of my eye I could see my mom hurriedly going over to the phone. That must be Adam. I stay next to my little friend, the wall (WALL FANDOM! Make it trend! :p Jk) listening to my mothers conversation.

"Hello?"

"Yes, this is her. Who is this?"

"Yes. Whats wrong?"

My mom begins to tear up.

"We'll be there right away"

The person on the other end of the line hangs up. Mom puts down the phone and begins to cry. Athena and I move over to her. "DAD!" Athena calls out. Our dad runs over to our mom and hugs her. All the other kids come out from their hiding places to look at her. I forgot that their parents were here too. They come out from a room and go over to my mom.

"We...n-need to go. N-now!" My mom says. She dries up her tears and goes outside.

"Where are you going?" My dad shouts.

"If you want to see Richard, Emily and their kids then follow me." My moms says getting into our car.

We all looked at mom confused.

"Jason, get as many people into the car. The others will go into Jerome's dad's car."

I decided to follow my dad's order even though I'm still very confused.

Our car only fits five people so I get Athena, Ty, And Ian in the car. They sit in the back while I sit in the front with mom.

The other car, the one that belongs to Jerome's family, is bigger then ours. Its almost the same size as Hearts car. It fits 8 people, where as Heart's fits around 10. From what I can see, my dad and Jerome's dad sit in the front. Jerome, Mitch and Quentin sit in the row before the front. Fatima, Kat, Willow and Kamilia sit in the final row, squeezing in so they could all fit.

The others go into different cars.

Mom turns the car on and drives away.

-Time Skip-

We step out of the car. I look around to see that we're at a hospital.

"Rose, whats happening?!" Mitch's mom asks.