END OF BOOK ONE

"Just so you know, I only did that because I wanted you to win this time

"Just so you know, I only did that because I wanted you to win this time." Jasper babbled, a shrug following his words as he looked at the girl across her who was pulling away a strand of golden hair from her face.

"Yeah, right." Maisie smirked, pausing. "Just like the last six times I scored a goal." A chuckle escaped her lips as she mocked the boy, Jasper not being fond of the fact that he was losing.

"Definitely." The tall boy nodded, his tone filled with nothing but annoyance as they continued to play.

It had been nearly seven hours since Maisie had talked the Clarke, the blonde now having to fight with her own feelings as well while the enemy crawled up under their skin as each second passed, plotting how they could murder every single one of these troubled young delinquents.

"Okay, It's your turn again." Jasper shoved the ball into her arms, a grunt escaping his lips as he made his way back.

The two teenagers had been playing a pre-war game called soccer for the past hour as Monty quietly worked next to them, the trio knowing that impatience would eat them alive if they didn't keep busy.

So Maisie concentrated on the ball, swiftly kicking the round object, she watched as it passed Jasper and went straight into the net, she had scored another goal.

"And Kane scores again!" Maisie exclaimed, a smirk dancing on her lips as she watched Jasper threw his hands up in surrender.

"I give up." The boy shook his head in denial, grabbing the ball, he playfully threw it at the blonde who had just right amount of time to run away from it.

A chuckle escaped her lips as she watched Jasper reach for the metal flask which contained his water, chugging the whole thing down, he washed his face with the remaining water.

"Want some?" He gladly offered, the blonde shaking her head hesitantly before she walked out.

"Alright, I'll see you soon." Maisie nodded, glancing back at the two teenagers, she sent them a genuine smile.

"By the way, I kicked your ass." Shrugging, the girl left the drop ship, not waiting around to Jasper's reaction, who had threw his hands up in the air once again, an angry look on his face.

₊˚✧·˚࿐ྂ

The blonde was braiding her hair carelessly while she bit down the side of her cheek, boredom and anxiety forming up inside her as if the grounders were about to attack any second.

Without a second thought, she got up from the log that she had been sitting on for the past hour, a particular boy on her mind as she quickly made her way towards his tent.

"Hey." Bellamy was laying down on his dusty cot, his eyes darted above before he saw her come in.

"Hi, sunshine." The boy peaked, a smile forming up on his lips as soon as she saw the girl.