Chapter 2: Letter

Three years have passed since I have transmigrated in this world. It has also been three years since I lost my sight. 

What did I have done to deserve this? I am just a sickly child who just lost her memory. I have done nothing wrong except killing terrorists from my homeland. 

I think I should stop thinking about my previous world. Every time I tried to remember, the marks on my face started to heat up and burn my skin. I don't want pain. Who on earth wants pain excepts for masochist?

And about this curse? Obviously, it is still not cured. Not even doctors or royal mages can cure it. Apparently, they didn't know what kind of curse I have. 

Useless. They are all useless. They are the best of the best yet they can't cure a curse of a sickly child.

How irritating...

As I have lost my sight, I can only learn about this world by listening. Of course, I gained many information this past three years.

Apparently, the bloodline of Xerxes is very special. These rare red eyes of mine symbolize the Xerxes Household. They are known to be very strong in terms of strength that they can even crush a skull with just one hand. 

Despite being sickly, I am indeed strong. Sickly yet strong, an odd combination isn't it?

"Alex" my brother called my name. One of the good news is that my brother who once always almost killing me has now controlled his strength in these past three years. But the bad news is that sometimes, he forgot to control it, almost killing me again.

"Brother, want to play chess?" I said. 

Playing chess is easy as there are positions in playing chess. Brother cannot cheat since I memorized all his words and mine in my head.

"No way. I always lose against you" he grumpily said. As a man, he never wanted to lose against a woman.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. If I am not blind and sickly, I would have probably smacked him against the wall like he always does to me. 

"How's school?" I asked him.

Aldastan Institution is a school that accepted talented people regardless of their background. Those who have graduated here have a higher chance of getting a job in the palace.

There are two divisions in Aldastan Institution: The Scholars and Students. 

The difference between scholars and students is like a high school and university. In students, they generally accept students who are 11 to 15 years old and give them 6 years of studying. My brother is currently here. 

Yet being a scholar is different. To pass the exam is much more harder than the exam on earth. There are many requirements needed just to apply for the exam. This has eliminated thousands of applicants who just want to apply. 

Yet those who have become scholars are known as the Empire's best of best.

"It's fine. The school deserves to be the best in the Empire. All teachers who are teaching there are at least became the scholars of Aldastan or become a Royal Court Mage" he said.

"Is it fun?" I asked as I sip my cup of tea. Brother can only stay here for a while as the students there lives on a dorm provided by the school.

"It is fun and I know you will also have fun in school. Your big brother has gained tons of friends already to the point I can no longer count. I prefer school rather than attending the ball" my brother proudly said.

I chuckled at his response. I know he was saying it for my sake. I have never gone outside as I have stayed inside the mansion for these past three years. Except for my family, only the servants are the other people I have talked to. 

Gosh, what a doting parent... No, everyone here dots me so much yet they never allowed me to meet other people or to go outside...

If I were an ordinary child, I would either grow up spoiled or too pure for this world. Luckily, I am not. 

"Oh, I almost forgot. Father told me something to tell you" my brother said as he hands an envelope to me. "Read it"

Huh? I'm blind, stupid brother.

"Just joking, I'll read it for you" I can clearly imagine his smirk. Ugh... I want to punch his face...

"Tsk, what the hell is father thinking?" my brother angrily said.

Hm? What's wrong? Is there something wrong with the letter? 

I look at my brother with a complicated expression. I really want to know what's the content of the letter.

I don't know if he noticed my expression on my face or not, but he answered, "You are invited to a tea party hosted by Lucinda Elle Normandi, Daughter of Marquis Normandi"

I want to beat that damn father of mine.