Chapter 10

"It is dangerous to live for other people because you end up living a disastrous life of barrenness."
_

Rosé

I went home after staying inside the library for more than hours. Same goes with the three. It's hard to keep a secret especially to your close friends but I'm scared that once they discovered who I really am they might run away from me.

I quietly opened the front door hoping to not get the attention of my parents. I don't wanna hear anything from them.

I despise them.

"Look who's here. Our useless daughter. I saw your rank today! I told you to aim for that fucking top 1 you dumbass! Being second is not enough! If you can't do anything to get that position then might as well stop studying now! You're just wasting our time! I don't give a damn if you're full scholar or shit! I put food in your goddamn mouth and you're living in my house so you will do what I say!" My mother shouted across the room. She threw her vase towards me, successfully landing it to my forehead.

It hurts...

She pulled my hair slamming me on the floor. "You useless brat!" She keeps punching and kicking me hard, hurting me more for no valid reason while my dad is busy watching his favorite tv show, laughing not bothering to help me.

I cried silently, taking every punch and kick being thrown in my skinny body. What did I do to deserve this? All I want is to make them proud. It sucks being in this time to be alive.

This is my life every day. It's like a fucked up cycle. It never ends. I just covered my bruises and cuts using my makeups and I'm thankful no one seems to notice it, besides I'm just a nobody they wouldn't care even if they saw this bruises and cuts.

Sometimes I keep on thinking what it feels like to be dead. No pain. No tortures. No miserable life. I tried killing myself many times but never succeed in doing so. After some time my 'mother' left me crumpled on the floor, holding my stomach praying that the pain will go away.

I slowly made my way towards my room, breathing heavily. I just wanna disappear like a smoke. If this is a nightmare please I'm begging, wake me up. I want to run away from here... I lay on my bed staring in the ceiling, not thinking at all, just... empty.

A tear dropped on my right eye but I didn't bother wiping it.

I'm tired.

My phone buzzed repeatedly, I wanted to ignore it but it keeps on buzzing. I checked it but it's an unknown number.

From: Unknown

[Hey, it's Lisa. You forgot your notebook in the Library. I'm outside your house to give it back. You might need it cause I know you study everyday : )]

I peeked on my window and I saw her leaning on her motorcycle holding my notebook. It's already 8 PM so I immediately went outside our house to meet her. The only source of light in this dark street is the light post in the sideway. "Hey." She greeted with a smile but then frowned when I walked closer to her, limping a little when I felt a sharp pain in my stomach area.

"What happened to you?" She asked making me confused.

"Wh- shit!" Then it hit me. I forgot to cover my fresh bruises and cuts! I tried to shrug it off by smiling at her. "M-My notebook?" I tried changing the topic but it's no use. She looked at me straight in the eyes still waiting for my answer. "L-Lisa it's really nothing."

She scoffed. "Oh, c'mon Rosé. We're already friends, right? So tell me what happened to you? You looked awful and is that... blood?! Goodness! Are you okay?!" It's already useless to hide it right now, right? I mean will she believe me if I told her I tripped? I fell? Who would believe that bullshit. "It's-"

"Rosé Park!" I heard my mom shouted behind me making me tremble in fear. I started hyperventilating scared to look back. "S-Save me." I mumbled. "Please..."

Lisa looked at my back, the look on her face told me that she already saw the anger in my mom's face. "Hop on." She started the engine, climbing to her motorcycle, waiting for me to join her but I didn't move.

"Don't you dare run away from me Rosé!" Again, my mom shouted, her voice is laced with venom. I heard fast footsteps approaching us that I assumed coming from my mom.

"Chipmunk. hop. on. now." Due to my fear, I immediately did what Lisa told me. She drove away as fast as she can taking me with her, leaving my mom standing from her spot shouting my name.

For once, I need to be brave to save my life.

We stopped in the cliff just beside the road. You can see the beautiful stars shining so bright like there's no chaos happening below them. The cold breeze gently caressing my bruised cheeks like they don't want to hurt me more. "So what happened?" Lisa started. I heaved a deep sighed letting my tears roll down my face.

I smiled but still looking at the sky. The smile that carries a deep pain and heartbreak. "They wanted a perfect child and unfortunately I'm not enough for them. T-They... they reach to the point that they started h-hurting me, they told me that it's their way to bring out the best in me... funny, right? A stupid mentality they have but what can I do? They are my only family. I need them..." I started sobbing feeling like my whole world started to crumble, leaving me with a heavy broken heart.

I'm free now but for how long?

Lisa wrapped her arm around me, gently placing my head on her shoulder. "It's okay. You're safe now. Just stop thinking and take a deep breath. We will help you move on. I wanted to offer you my house but my dad and my sister are there occupying the rooms but I already contacted Jisoo she said you can stay in her place for as long as you want." I closed my eyes letting the silence and the cold air calm my breathing.

Assurance.

That's what I needed right now.

I looked at her squinting my eyes at her. "How come you drive into my house using a motorcycle with a broken arm?"

She chortled. "Dude, I'm Lalisa Manoban. I don't follow rules even if it's a doctor's order." I pointed at her arm. "That's a big bruise though. How come it doesn't hurt?"

"Who told you it doesn't hurt? I'm in pain if you only knew and I believe you also have a big bruise on your rib part, I saw the way you walked earlier, am I right? Don't you dare lie in front of my gorgeous bruised face I saw you limpin' man."

I placed my pointer finger on my chin. "Touché." We stayed silent, but then she offered her hand for me to stand.

"Alright, aussie girl. Let's get you home. Home means Jisoo's place." I nodded at her smiling so bright for the first time.

"Alright then, bring me home Thai Oppa.

and... thank you.

Thank you for saving me."