Chapter 16

"She finally understood why the monsters in the Forest always seemed to smile. Beasts only bared their teeth as a warning before they attack."
_

Jennie

Everyone's having fun. Partying like it's their last but here I am isolating myself to them. I wish the three was here.

I was busy watching them laughing and dancing to the music when the lights went off. I heard some girls screamed maybe scared to dark. I was panicking inside, gripping the bottle that I am holding.

"What is happening?" I heard my classmate shouted.

I stood up from my seat, grabbing my phone using it as my flashlight. I was scanning the room but suddenly someone grabbed my hand making my heart beat fast due to my nervousness then the voice of the murderer echoed inside my head.

But one thing's for sure.

I'll be back...

I was about to scream, scared for my life when suddenly the person who grabbed me spoke. "It's me. It's Lisa. Let's go, Jennie." She whispered.

"Lisa? What are you doing here?" I was shocked. Who wouldn't? She's here!

"I was hanging with Rosé and Jisoo when someone message us with the picture of Taehyung's rest house and I remembered you. Rosé is already outside and Jisoo is somewhere here inside the house looking for our other classmates." She explained.

"Who send that picture?" I asked.

"I will explain to you later but for now let's get out of here." She dragged me outside the room leading us to the front door when we heard a loud scream upstairs.

"What's that?" I asked again.

"I don't know and we need to get out of here fast Jennie. Let's go." She gripped my hand tugging me towards the door but I stopped her.

"No Lisa we need to help them. Jisoo might be there and we need to save her." I saw how confused she was but I'm standing my ground.

"What about Rosé? She's outside this dangerous house! Goddamnit, Jennie! Jisoo might be outside waiting for us with Rosé!" Her face shows how frustrated she was.

I cupped her face making sure she's looking into my eyes. "You should go. I promise I will follow you."

She held my hands that is holding her face. "If you think I will leave you here alone, well you're wrong. I'm not going anywhere without you!"

"No, Just go and wait for me outside." I insisted. She was about to answer when we heard another scream.

"There's no time Jennie if you really want to see what's happening then let's go but promise me if something bad happened you will leave without me."

"What the hell are you talking about?! No." I shook my head but she placed her hands on my cheeks.

"Promise me, Kim. There's no time!" Then another scream and shout echoed inside the house.

"Help!"

A tear suddenly drop from my eyes. "Okay! Fine! I promise! Damn it, Lisa!"

She pulled me upstairs then we started looking to where the voice is coming from. "At the last room! Let's go!" I dragged her towards the last door immediately opening it.

It's too dark inside the room but the moonlight gave us enough light to see what's inside the room. There in the corner I saw Taehyung being tied up with different ropes in his legs and arms. The ropes is starting to move stretching him with different direction. He started wincing in pain but then he saw us.

"Taehyung?!" I shouted. I was about to run towards him but then he glared in our direction.

"Murderer!" Taehyung shouted still glaring at us. My forehead creased. "Ahhh! Lisa!" That's the last word he shouted before he got ripped into pieces.

My whole body trembled when I heard Lisa laughed behind me. I can't move nor turn my back to look at her.

"Ah, Jennie. Jennie. Jennie. You already know..." She touched both of my shoulder massaging it a little. I tried to face her even though my heart is racing. "Do you wanna know my deepest and darkest secret?" She whispered beside my ear.

"I killed them all."

"I'm the one who started this fun crazy game. You shouldn't be here Jennie... but you are too nosy. Too caring. Too kind for my liking. They bullied you but here you are trying to help them. That doesn't make any sense."

"W-Where's Jisoo and Rosé?"

"Probably sleeping inside their room? Hmm, or watching a movie? I don't know." She shrugged.

"W-Why are doing this?" I muttered under my breath. I tried to look strong but my voice came out weak. She started laughing before getting something on her pocket.

Knife.

"They killed my sister."

"They bullied her until she decided to give up. Do you know how painful it was to see my sister crying every night because of them? Do you know how painful it was to see her wanting to end her life?! Do you know how painful it was to see her in that state but I can't do anything to save her?! That day... the day she jumped on that school's rooftop. No one tried to stop her... they started laughing at her and saying inimical words towards her pushing her to her limit. From that moment I loathed everyone who bullied her wishing but death to come crawling back to them and here I am... to my final stage."

My tears came crashing down uncontrollably. "Y-You should stop now Lisa. I-It's already d-done."

She started laughing, scratching her forehead using her knife. "Done?" She shook her head repeatedly. "No, Jennie. It's not yet done." She closed her eyes, breathing evenly.

She suddenly opened her eyes glaring straight to my soul. "You already know too much... Why do you have to be so stubborn? I tried warning you many times! The first time that we met inside the campus I told you to only trust yourself no one else, right? Do you remember the black papers inside your bag and your locker? I put that. I told you to save yourself from this hell! But you're so stubborn! Ah, and earlier I told you to go home but here you are being a nosy cat, wanting to be a superhero. I really wanted to save you Jennie but... a plan is a plan." She stabbed me repeatedly on my stomach all I can do is to cry and gripped her shoulders.

I gasped for air when I felt the pain in my stomach. "I'm sorry." She whispered.

I look straight to her soul giving her my loving smile. I gripped her shoulder pulling her closer before whispering the words I badly wanted to tell her.

"I-I love you..."