Chapter 2

Maserati, escalades and a limousine was parked at the Guevarra parking space. Congressmen, businessmen and other relatives was waiting at the large hall on the arrival of Lucas Jackson Guevarra. It has been three years since he went to New York City.

Crickets chirp and the smell of fresh air ang nagpapamiss sa binata. He loved New York but his heart was still on this massive edifice that was in front of him. It's architecture was striking and traditional, with dramatic full-length windows and a two door vintage door with glamour in its every curb.

"Welcome home hijo", a woman on its forty's approached and hugged him tightly.

"Thanks mom", he answered. Other guests from different party also greeted the young man. He started roaming and give some small talk with the other guests.

Makalipas ang tatlong oras ay iilan na lamang ang mga bisita kaya napagdesisyunan na rin ng binata magpaalam upang makapagpahinga. Hindi mawala ang ngiti ng binata matapos nitong pumanhik at pumasok sa kanyang silid.

"At last, we will meet again", he said. Matatandaan na tatlong taon na ang nakalipas mula ng magkahiwalay si Olivia at Lucas, and now he's back. He smiled on his own thought.

***

He was awaken by the voice of his maid, Lola. Hinawi nito ang kurtina upang pumasok ang liwanag sa madilim na silid ng binata.

"Sr. Lucas, handa na po ang umagahan,"Lola said.

"Five minutes yaya. ", he turned his body against the light at muling pumikit.

"Sorry sir pero utos po ng daddy niyo na gisingin ko na daw po kayo. ", nang marinig ng binata ang sinabi ng yaya nito ay dali-dali itong bumangon sa pagkakahiga ― hindi dahil takot ang binata kundi ay "he miss his dad so much". Magmula kasi ng tumira si Lucas sa NY ay hindi na nito nakita ang ama. Wika nito na sobrang busy ito upang tumungo nang Estados Unidos para bisitahin ang anak.

He jumped on his bed at dumiretso sa banyo. He made his morning ritual bago lumabas ng kwarto at magtungo sa dining area. Malayo pa lamang ang binata ay tanaw na nito ang ama na kasalukuyang nagbabasa ng dyaryo habang nag-aagahan.

"Good morning mom, dad. ", he said in full respect.

He sat on the chair adjacent to his father. His mother gave him a big smile while his father only nodded at him. Sa totoo lang,  it was  awkward for Lucas to be on one table with his dad again, sanay ang binata na mamuhay ng mag-isa. He also wonder kung galit pa rin ba ang ama sa nangyari three years ago.

***

"I love Olivia at kaya kong itakwil ang pamilya once you stay her away from me. ", he said in a same pitch while arguing with his dad. Gaya ng mga napapanood sa telebisyon at pelikula o nababasa sa mga nobela ang problema ng mag-ama. His father was not ratified sa pagmamahalan ni Lucas at Olivia, sa kadahilanang mahirap lamang ang dalaga. Her father was a farmer and her mother was a school teacher. Don Maximo, who was the father of Lucas and currently the governor of their town mandated Olivia to cease Lucas ― and so it happened.

Ang kanilang pagmamahalan ay isang halimbawa lamang ng "right love at the wrong time"

Pero hindi na ngayon, years passed and her father ― who was a farmer on Hacienda de Ares before was now a major producer of different crops in the Philippines today; they also own the most competitive hotel chain and restaurant in the country ― Eros ab Hôtel.

Napapangiti ang binata sa ideya na nasa kanyang isipan.

"You should start your early campaign Lucas Jackson", his father said in an authoritative accent.