Part 10 - Happy Birthday

I jumped on Katsuki with pure excitement. He groaned in response. "Katsuki!" I shouted in his ear. He forced me down onto the bed. Wink hopped off the bed and walked around. He gently bit Katsuki's hair and pulled. Katsuki only groaned in response. "Get up!" He groaned noises of protest. I huffed impatiently. "Get up, you lazy ass!" I yelled. He opened one of his eyes to reveal the crimson color.

"What?" He snarled sleepily.

"It's your birthday! You're officially eighteen!" I cheered happily. He scowled at me.

"Then I should get some more sleep."

"Actually! You're a vampire and you don't need sleep. So, come on! Breakfast is ready and everyone is waiting!" I yelled as I yanked him out of the bed.

"Alright! Alright! Damn, woman." He grumbled as he got up from the floor. I pulled him out the door and into the elevator. "You're more excited about my birthday than I am."

"I've never celebrated anything." I told him in a soft tone.

"When is your birthday?" He asked with a tired expression. I then felt guilty for waking him up.

"My birthday is Februrary fourteenth. I'll be turning eighteen then."

"Valentine's day, huh?" He whispered to himself. I gave him a confused expression. "I'll explain later." He muttered. The elevator dinged. I didn't have to drag Katsuki to the table this time. We just walked together instead. Shinso shot me a wink when no one was looking. I sent him a small smile in return. We all went and got our food before taking our seats. I smirked when I saw Mineta sit somewhere that wasn't in my line of sight. As I looked around at everybody chatting and enjoying their breakfast, sadness overcame me. My eyes fell on Katsuki who is silently drinking from a styrofoam cup so the rest of us don't lose our breakfast. Especially the humans who aren't accustomed to seeing blood on a regular basis. The only evidence being the color of Katsuki's teeth and tongue. He uses colored straws. I really hope they can adopt me. I thought to myself. I don't want Katsuki to hate me.

~

"Akiria, could you come with me?" Shinso asked. Katsuki growled from beside me. Some would call him possessive and controlling, but I know he's simply protecting me with my past in his mind as reason for doing so.

"It's okay. I trust him." I whispered softly. Katsuki sighed, his entire body relaxing. I rose to my feet. I followed Shinso out of the dorm. Neither of us spoke until we rounded the corner of the hedges. "Where are we going?" I inquired.

"Well, if you wish, Eri could heal your wounds and get rid of your scars. Her quirk allows her to reverse the time of a person. Her supernatural type is Goddess of Time. If she tried hard enough, she could alter timelines. Would you like Eri to do so?" I thought for a moment.

"No." I admitted. "Honestly, my scars aren't bad. They show that I've survived for a long time. And, if I wanted my wounds healed, I would've let Katsuki give me blood."

"Makes sense." We walked into the school. Shinso took me to the Teacher's Lounge. Present Mic, Mr. Aizawa, and Eri are all waiting patiently. Eri is drawing with some crayons and her fathers are doing paperwork.

"Took you long enough." Aizawa muttered.

"Bakugo was reluctant in letting her go." Shinso said with a scowl. I rolled my eyes.

"He didn't put up a fight. You got growled at, toughen up." I grumbled.

"Oh, defensive!" He teases in return. I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Akiria, we brought you here to tell you that you'll be returning here next week on Monday." Aizawa told me. My eyes lit up with excitement. "You'll leave U.A. this Monday morning and return next Monday afternoon. This was planned so you could surprise your friends."