1.The gift

Julie's POV

After the last night and the performance at The Orpheum, and the situation with the boys when I somehow managed to free them from Caleb's curse, I had some explication to do in front of Carlos. Somehow he found out on his own about the phantoms being actually real ghosts, so I had to admit it and ask him to not tell dad.

"I will not tell dad, this will be our little secret. But, Julie, I have a question. Did they managed to cross over? I heard you asking them if they cross over to thank mom for sending them to you and bringing you the music again. Did they actually crossed?" Carlos asked. I could see the tears popping in his sweet eyes. I opened my arms and sign to him to give me a hug, him doing that with no time to blink between.

"No, they didn't. Turns out that the concert we had tonight is not their unfinished business. But let me tell you something that's gonna sound crazy."

"I just found out that they are actual ghosts, I don't think there is something more crazier than that." Carlos says.

"Fair point. They actually wanted to cross over because of a curse that another ghost put on them. A very dangerous ghost put their existence in threat because they were strong without his help, so he wanted to have them under control. But the crazy part is that after I got into the garage and saw them and they told me they couldn't cross over, I tried to hug them and somehow I lifted the curse, and now they feel even more stronger."

"Maybe mom give you the power to do that." Carlos says. "Think about it this way, she send them to you so y'all can do this together. She saw you needed help so she give you this gift, if you can call it that way. Mom wants you to play with them, she knows they make you happy again."

I stand there for a split second to process what my brother just said, then I came to the realization he was right, before all the curse thing I tried to touch them but it didn't work, and now when I needed help not only that I was able to feel them and them to feel me as well, but to lift up the curse as well. Then it hit me like the cold water in the morning, maybe now other people can see them too.

"Carlos, may I ask you a favor?"

-5 minutes later-

"Guys. Guys!" I yell out in the garage, with my brother on my side. Then all of the sudden, the boys poof in front of us.

"Arghhh, you seriously need to stop doing this!"

they all just start laughing.

"Carlos? Can you..?"

"Yes!" I get interrupted by my stunned brother. "Can you do that again?" he asks them.

"Wait. You can see us too?" Luke asks.

"Yes! And I assume you are Julie's little thing?"

"Carlos!" I say, feeling my cheeks getting warm. "I don't have a 'thing' with no one."

"I am Luke, this is Reggie, and this is Alex. Nice to finally meet you little dude!" Luke says with his usual charismatic smile.

That deadly god damn smile.

Wait, what did I just said?!

"So now what is the plan? Because if I see you that means dad can also see you and probably anyone else." Carlos says.

"We didn't think of that actually, you are so smart little guy. Wonder why your tia didn't believe you when you told her we are in the house." Reggie said.

"So you were the one messing around there!" Carlos said amazed. I really think him and Reggie are going to get along like a pair of socks.

"Julie, Carlos! Time to go to bed, you have school tomorrow." dad screams from the inside of the house.

Tomorrow we are gonna find a plan to persue from now on, and maybe find some answers to what happened tonight. After I got ready for some good old sleep, I make my way to my bed. I lay down facing the ceiling thinking about the only thing that's been on my mind for the last weeks. The boys. I did it, I saved them. The taught of me not losing them makes me more happy then I have ever been. I didn't lose them. I didn't lose Reggie, I didn't lose Alex. And most important. I didn't lose Luke. How comes that from all the lifers, from all the boys on this planet, I'm falling for Luke? How is that fair universe? I dumped Nick, the boy I had a crush on since I was in like 6th grade, because I couldn't do that to Luke, and I couldn't do that to Nick and specifically I couldn't do that to myself. I couldn't lie to myself and pretend that it will go away this spark that Luke and I share. God, what has this boy done to me, I keep on fantasizing of him every single day and now every single night. Since that daydream I had while I was dancing with Nick, it wouldn't stop. It's like he is dancing on my mind, and my mind is full of him every moment I am not around him, and when I am around him it's even worse. I cant stop smiling and act silly around him. I cant stop staring at him, admiring every single detail about his appearance. And the most special thing wich I swear is gonna kill me is when we make eye-contact. The way he speaks to me thru his eyes are gonna be the only torture I would willingly accept.

I swear Luke, you are gonna be the death of me one day...