✔Chapter fucking seven: No More Deliveries

"Avery made you soba again." You wrapped the gauze around Shoto's arm, smothering the burns on his arm with the salve Fuyumi had made. He lay his head on the wall and sighed, staring at the bathroom mirror as you tied the bandage before moving to his torso. His arms moved up slightly so you could wrap it around fully, the large purple and black bruise being covered by off cream colored wraps. He put his arms down again and closed his eyes, red and white falling over his eyes momentarily. It was a routine at this point, fixing each other up and hoping they made it to the next day. Touya didn't. None of you wanted a repeat of him.

"She's sweet." He muttered, eyeing the box that lay on the counter of the bathroom. You nodded and opened the cardboard container, taking out the cold noodles and wooden chopsticks. A hand slithered from your back and held the two objects, another lifting the lid and handing him the sticks. His bandaged hands fumbled with them and broke the wood apart, fixing them between his fingers and trapping an overabundant amount of noodles with them. He slurped them loudly and hummed in approval, finishing half of the soba in one go. "Maybe we could visit her some time."

"Maybe. She might like that." You cupped the rest of the salve and rubbed it on your arms, using it sparingly for the number of burns that fit on your body. The Todoroki unrolled another of the bandages and wrapped them around your pink and red arm, bubbled skin peeling and pulling from its healthy counterpart. "I'm stopping by the beach, too, if you want to come. We could stop by the shop and get a few treats?"

"Could we get soba?" His eyes lit up and his voice rose ever so slightly, though his face stayed neutral. He tied the gauze and moved to the next arm, noodles hanging from his lips as he took a transitive mouthful. You stared at your burnt shirt on the ground, wondering if you could find some way to save it. It was your favorite sleep shirt. Well, favorite shirt in general.

"Yeah, I don't see why not. I need groceries too, so we can stock up." Todoroki lifted your arms gently, unraveling the gauze around your torso and covering the burn below your ribs. You grinned and snagged the roll from him, waving him to the counter so you could bandage his legs. He rolled his eyes and complied, dark marks littering his pale skin. The dark hand gave him the remaining soba and you looked to see how much gauze you had left, cringing to see that you would need to get more while you were out. Normally you would order it and have it come in bulk, but Endeavour chased away the delivery people so many times that they stopped coming. "And bandages. Lots of bandages."

"They don't deliver anymore?" Shoto was a curious boy, liking to stay informed. He didn't like being out of the loop. You were honest to him and other people, unless it was for their safety. A good example is when Endeavour asked you if you knew what happened to the infamous Touya Todoroki, and you said you had no clue. He knew you knew, and you knew that he knew you knew, but he didn't care enough to press on. You had sent Touya the location of one of the buildings your parent's owned near the edge of the city. A family friend was going to see him and help him out. You didn't know what happened after that. He cut ties with you, and had never contacted you after he left. That was fine. Fucking fine.

Why couldn't he come back and take his siblings with him? Hell, Enji hardly takes to account he has other children, so why not have taken Shoto? You'd be fine fulfilling the dream of the fiery man. Surpassing All Might seemed pretty damn cool! But not this way, not with harsh training that left bruises and scorching burns. Once you found the runaway Todoroki, you would beat him. Physically, of course. Then you would hug him and tell him how much he was missed. How they had a shrine for him because he was believed dead. About how much Shoto had grown, and why their mother was in the hospital. Everything.

"Endeavour." You finally said, realizing you had yet to answer. Shoto slid from the counter and opened one of the hall closets after exiting the bathroom, taking out a sweater and jeans. He slipped them on over the bandages and took out a pair of tennis shoes, going down the short flight of stairs and to the living room. You turned off the bathroom light and went into the closet as well, grabbing a hoodie and shorts with sneakers to match. The closet was always filled with some sort of clothes for after training, since most of yours got ruined by the fire Endeavour used.

With a quick trip to your bedroom for your phone, you went downstairs and headed out the door. Shoto was on the porch, watching the main building intensely for any sign of his shitty ass excuse of a father. Seeing none, the both of you bolted to the fence, hopping over it and sprinting to the property line. You laughed and darted around the perimeter's trees, your already sore body aching from your efforts. The Todoroki let out a huff and landed gracefully on the sidewalk, you clumsily wobbling next to him. He linked his arm in yours and gave a minuscule smile, the two of you marching down the street.

First, you would go to Avery's shop and introduce Shoto, and buy food for the beach. Next, the both of you would actually to the sandy depths. With nothing better to do there, you would probably scream a lot. That, as Touya would have called it, was a whole ass mood. You grimaced at that thought of him. He told you he would come back for you, though, so there was that. It may not be now, and it may not have been before, but he said he would come. You believed he would, you truly did...

...but belief and trust dwindle like the last leaves of autumn when nothing is carried out.