Episode 3(part 1): Origins

Star POV

I woke up to the smell of antiseptic and a blinding white light. I blinked trying to let my eyes adjust to the bright light, then looked around at my surroundings. I look at my arm that had an IV in it attached to a bag of fluids hanging above my head and an EKG hooked to the pointer finger opposite the IV. I looked a little bit farther and saw my hand grasped in Dick's, who was leaning over in a hospital chair resting his head on the bed.

I gently pulled my fingers from his then proceeded to run them through his hair. He shifted under my hand before he turned towards me slowly opening his eyes, "Good morning sleeping beauty," I smiled a bit my voice hoarse from not using it for a while.

"I think that's my line Star," he cracked a small smile, "how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine, just exhausted," I said, "how's Dawn?"

Dick was about to answer but the Doctor walked in, "Hello Ms. Torrance, how are you feeling?" he questioned walking to the other side of the bed.

"I've been better doc," I replied.

"Well after everything we will be able to let you leave today, of course after a few questions and tests, sound alright?"

"Ready when you are Doc," I sat up a bit.

After checking all my vitals, unhooking me from the EKG, and taking the IV out of my arm he started asking me questions about my health history.

"Any know inherited disease or illness," he asked

"I don't know any of my family, paternal or maternal," I answered.

"any prescribed medications you have been prescribed?"

"Mood stabilizers, anxiety meds, and insomnia medication," I stated.

"It says her in your records that you where once on, prenatal medications and depressants for postpartum, is this correct?" he read off.

I felt Dick's grip tighten around my hand, "Yes I was but they cleared me for them since I was no longer pregnant or depressed from the accident," I replied.

"Alright Ms. Torrance, I believe we are done here, remember to get plenty of rest, and healthy nutrition to make up for the lack of energy that cause you to black out, please take care of yourself, no more strain on your body," he lectured me

"Of course, thank you," I smiled as he walked out.

After the door closed, I got up and grabbed my bag from the corner and walked into the connected bathroom, changing into some fresh clothes.

"You were pregnant," Dick mumbled.

"Dick please don't, I really don't want to talk about it okay," I stated softly.

He looked a little hurt at the information that he just heard, and I could understand I was the one who lost the baby, but this was still a sore subject for me.