𝙘𝙝. 9

Around 8:30 am, Richie began to open his eyes. He stared down at Eddie's sleeping body. His hands were atop his pillow, his head resting on top of them. The sunlight shone on his face, highlighting his freckles. His lips were formed into a pout and Richie had to fight back the urge to kiss it. He sighed softly, turning so that he was laying on his back and staring up at the ceiling. He vividly remembered each detail from last night. He bit down on his lip, reaching his hand down to his crotch and closed his eyes.

He moved his hand back up and turned around yet again. His back was now facing Eddie. He tried to fall back asleep.

Eddie woke up a few minutes after. He was met with Richie's bare back and he frowned, hoping he had woken up to Richie's features instead. He slowly sat up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes and stretching, yawning. He looked at Richie who seemed to be sleeping and sighed in relief. He leaned over the lanky boy and kissed his cheek.

Eddie got up and walked downstairs to the kitchen.

Richie hadn't been sleeping so when Eddie walked out of the room he opened his eyes, touched the spot where Eddie had kissed and softly rubbed it in adoration. He figured he should wait before following Eddie downstairs.

Richie had been known to be a heavy sleeper and definitely not a morning person. He went back to closing his eyes, except this time, he really did fall asleep.

"Wake up!" Eddie called out, bouncing on the bed. By now it was 9:15, Richie was still sound asleep. "Wakie wakie, eggs and bakie" He sung, waving a piece of bacon over Richie's nose. When that didn't work, he resorted to beating Richie's face with the piece of bacon.

Richie woke up, grumbling and yawning.
"Finally." The smaller boy said with a roll of his eyes. "What time is it?" Richie asked.

"Nine-fifteen" He smiled, taking a bite of the bacon. "I figured I should let you sleep but it's late and I made breakfast." He handed Richie a plate decorated with banana pancakes, eggs, bacon—the bacon strips were formed into a heart— and various fruits.
Richie smiles at him, "Eds, nine isn't late."
"It is when my food's getting cold." Eddie snaps back.
"Eat up, you're getting skinnier."

Richie chuckled, taking the plate and the silverware. "I'll have you know, I have a high metabolism which is why I don't gain weight"
he took a bite of the pancakes. "Actually, you're just burning calories more rapidly."

"You should be a doctor." Eddie rolled his eyes again. "I hope your eyes get stuck like that."
"Fuck you, bro."

Richie took the fork and poked Eddie's side with it lightly, "Fuck you!"

Eddie giggled, slapping his hand away and moving aside. "Don't do that."
"You ruin my vibe, Kaspbrak," Richie scooted forward, "ain't gotta be so damn mean."

The brunette scoffed, "I am not mean"
This time, Richie rolled his eyes. "If that helps you sleep at night."

It was cold in the morning, Eddie shivered and crawled under the blankets, hugging himself underneath it. He looked at Richie who was only half clothed. "How are you not cold?" He whispered. Richie shrugged, finishing up the last of his food. "I dunno," He says through his last mouthful of eggs and bacon. "But what I do know is that you, Edward Kaspbrak, are an amazing cook."
"It's just eggs and bacon"
"And pancakes."

Eddie smiled sadly.
I could cook you this any day. If you'd just let me.

Eddie looked out his window, his window was cracked opened and he sighed. The cool breeze was why he had felt so much colder earlier. He pushed his covers off and slowly walked over to his window. He looked outside for a moment. The air hitting his face harshly only made his skin more heavy with goosebumps. He shut his window and walked back over to his bed.

Richie laid down next to him. "You okay there?"
Eddie nodded, "Yeah.. never better."

But he smiled that sad smile of his and thought of a future he would never be able to have.

richie ^^